PDA

View Full Version : Meat Mixture for Grilled Hamburgers

Rick
04-15-2008, 03:10 PM
I'm looking for THE best meat mixture to make grilled burgers. I tried a half dozen or more meat recipes last year and some were good but none of them were GREAT! Anyone have a "you gotta try this, you'll think you've died and gone to heaven" recipe? I don't mind spicy hot but the rest of the family are wimps so I have to keep it mild.

Catfish
04-15-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm looking for THE best meat mixture to make grilled burgers. I tried a half dozen or more meat recipes last year and some were good but none of them were GREAT! Anyone have a "you gotta try this, you'll think you've died and gone to heaven" recipe? I don't mind spicy hot but the rest of the family are wimps so I have to keep it mild.

Two words "Worcestershire Sauce" made by Lea and Perrins. Accept no substitutes. A bit of garlic salt mixed in and if you can find it, HP Sauce as a topping.

Got me all hungry now.

crashdive123
04-15-2008, 08:01 PM
You've had a burger with bacon and mushrooms right? Of course you have. I like to mix up my burger mixture with chopped up mushrooms, chopped up bacon that has been partially cooked, diced onions, shredded cheddar, a dash of worster, and a few drops of liquid smoke. Mix it all up, put it on the grill. Yum.

BraggSurvivor
04-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Quality meat (sirloin) and onions are the key. Rick, have you tried stuffed "Chubbies"? IMO better than burgers anyday.

Rick
04-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Uh, okay. Is that a set of overweight twins or something?

BraggSurvivor
04-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Trying to find my recipe.....wife hid my book and wont answer her cell.....:mad:

Rick
04-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Take another pain pill and a beer. You'll remember.

crashdive123
04-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Uh, okay. Is that a set of overweight twins or something?

What????? You talkin to me????

http://www.jokeboard.com/images/twins.jpg

BraggSurvivor
04-15-2008, 09:01 PM
Still cant find it.

You can make them out of pork or beef burger. Season the meat as mentioned above. I stuff with portebella mushrooms, ham and mozzarella cheese with all the spices. Anything goes really. Its like a stuffed meatloaf only smoked and grilled instead. One of my favorites.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/Bructer/fatty1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/Bructer/248f9278.jpg

Alpine_Sapper
04-15-2008, 09:06 PM
You've had a burger with bacon and mushrooms right? Of course you have. I like to mix up my burger mixture with chopped up mushrooms, chopped up bacon that has been partially cooked, diced onions, shredded cheddar, a dash of worster, and a few drops of liquid smoke. Mix it all up, put it on the grill. Yum.

Sounds awesome. Works with pepper jack too. I do suggest partially sauteing the mushrooms to get some of the moisture out before mixing it in to avoid the possibility of your burgers falling apart.

Rick
04-16-2008, 07:02 AM
So you just slice it up and serve the slices on buns? It looks great and pretty simple. Do you grill it or smoke it and for how long? As pink as that is it looks like it's smoked. Great color!

bulrush
04-16-2008, 03:48 PM
2 words: Angus beef.

I have had onion soup mix mixed with the meat before cooking. Top with Lowry's seasoning salt or Wor-sha-sha sauce.

crashdive123
04-16-2008, 03:57 PM
2 words: Angus beef.

When I lived in the Seattle area there was a pretty popular chain steakhouse called Black Angus. Yep....it happened......g burned out one night.

Tony uk
04-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Mmmmmm Beeeefffffff :D

Marinade in liquid smoke, Fresh Chilies, Garlic, Red Wine, And some olive oil and fry

:D

Rick
04-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Here's what I finally wound up using. I tripled the recipe and froze the burgers overnight. I dropped the frozen burger right on the grill. They were pretty darned good.

INGREDIENTS:
1 pound lean ground beef
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon of hickory smoked salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
seasoned salt to taste

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat a grill for high heat.
2. In a medium bowl, lightly mix together the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, hickory smoked salt and garlic powder. Form into 3 patties, handling the meat minimally. Brush both sides of each patty with some oil, and season with seasoned salt.
3. Place the patties on the grill grate, and cook for about 5 minutes per side, until well done.

Omid
04-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Its all about the spanish onions, the salt, and cheese.

Rick
04-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Maybe, but I don't think those three ingredients will make a very good burger. You sort of need...well.....burger to make a burger.

Alpine_Sapper
04-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Maybe, but I don't think those three ingredients will make a very good burger. You sort of need...well.....burger to make a burger.

lol. Nice point.

Personally, TDW likes a burger she affectionately calls "om nom" (google it) burgers. I take 1 lb burger, 1/4 lb pepperjack, 4-5 cloves of garlic, 1/2 small onion, minced, and 1 medium jalapeno minced. I leave the seeds in. Salt and Pepper. Mix it up and let it sit at room temp to meld flavors. While that's happening, fry 6 strips of bacon + -per burger, and at the same time mix 2-3 minced chipotles, w/ adobo sauce, 1 head roasted garlic, some cumin and paprika with a few tblspns of mayo. stir together, adjust to taste, and let sit. once the bacon is done, Grill burgers to med. rare or medium. top with more pepperjack and pickled jalapeno slices. spread a wheat bun with the chipotle mayo on both sides, put three or more strips of bacon on both sides of the bun. put a burger in between. You can't stop eating it. :) This was inspired by the crappy commercial Spicy Baconator at Wendy's.

Aurelius95
04-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Alpine, talk about a heart attack waiting to happen! However, sounds great!

Rick
04-27-2008, 02:26 PM
That's a Five Alarm burger waiting for ME.

Alpine_Sapper
04-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Alpine, talk about a heart attack waiting to happen! However, sounds great!

hehe...yeah, I only make 'em once in a blue moon like that.

crashdive123
04-28-2008, 07:21 PM
lol. Nice point.

Personally, TDW likes a burger she affectionately calls "om nom" (google it) burgers. I take 1 lb burger, 1/4 lb pepperjack, 4-5 cloves of garlic, 1/2 small onion, minced, and 1 medium jalapeno minced. I leave the seeds in. Salt and Pepper. Mix it up and let it sit at room temp to meld flavors. While that's happening, fry 6 strips of bacon + -per burger, and at the same time mix 2-3 minced chipotles, w/ adobo sauce, 1 head roasted garlic, some cumin and paprika with a few tblspns of mayo. stir together, adjust to taste, and let sit. once the bacon is done, Grill burgers to med. rare or medium. top with more pepperjack and pickled jalapeno slices. spread a wheat bun with the chipotle mayo on both sides, put three or more strips of bacon on both sides of the bun. put a burger in between. You can't stop eating it. :) This was inspired by the crappy commercial Spicy Baconator at Wendy's.

Sounds good. I'm going to have to try it.......after my cholesterol subsides from reading your post.:D

Rick
04-28-2008, 07:38 PM
I found a shortcut:

http://www.shaveblog.com/uploaded_images/cholesterol-injection-700021.jpg

dawg69
05-02-2008, 01:44 AM
I've grown fond of this recipe:

http://www.hiddenvalley.com/recipes/view_recipe.php?recipe_id=63

The only difference is I add a little Worchestershire sauce in the mix.

Rick
05-02-2008, 07:31 AM
I love Ranch. I'll have to try it. Thanks!!