PDA

View Full Version : Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeno's

Alpine_Sapper
04-15-2008, 03:50 AM
Take your jalapeno's and soak in a bowl of ice water.

Shred a cheese you like. Sharp cheddar is what I use typically, but any cheese will work, including cream cheese or any combination.

Open a package of bacon and seperate the strips.

Remove a pepper from the soak, remove the top with the stem, and clean out the seeds and veins as best as possible without splitting the pepper. Stuff with cheese to the top. Wrap the pepper around the middle with a slice of bacon, or a half slice if you prefer. Use a toothpick to hold it in place if you don't have a pepper holder.

These are best on the grill, but can be done in the oven as well. On the grill their easiest in a pepper holder, which can be seen here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Chile-Grill-jalapeno-pepper-cooker-bbq-12_W0QQitemZ230210893611QQcmdZViewItem
Without one, make sure the peppers stay upright and on some type of rack.

Either way, cook until the peppers start to soften and the bacon is done to your liking. Slow cooked on a grill over some mesquite or pecan and these will make pepper lovers out of just about anyone. (It's how I got my wife to eat jalapeno peppers. Now she's hooked. :) )

Rick
04-15-2008, 06:59 AM
Thanks, Alpine. The sound great!

Tony uk
04-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Now youve got me hungry :(

Thanks Alpine :D

Buddha443556
04-15-2008, 02:05 PM
This site is alway making me hungry and I've notice since lurking around here, I've developed a strange overwhelming desire for bacon.

Rick
04-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Watch the swinging strip of bacon. You are getting very hungry. Your appetite is becoming insatiable. You want bacon......

Tony uk
04-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Watch the swinging strip of bacon. You are getting very hungry. Your appetite is becoming insatiable. You want bacon......

GIVE ME BACON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ridge Wolf
04-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks, Alpine. The sound great!

I have eaten a whole jar of those jalapeno peppers when I was younger... way younger and I can tell you that they may sound great... but they ain't gonna feel great as little as three hours after eating them...

BraggSurvivor
04-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Around here we call then Atomic Buffalo Turds or ABTs. I like to stuff mine with pulled pork, which I first chop finely, it helps it pack better in the peppers. I pack them to the top edge of the pepper. This gets followed by a generous coating of cream cheese. I like to mound the cheese almost as high as the original pepper was thick. Once loaded with cheese I like to sprinkle with Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk, it adds just a little kick to them. Then the final prep, the wrap in bacon. I use a whole slice of bacon to insure the entire pepper is wrapped. Others will use toothpicks to hold the bacon in place, I typically don`t although these could have used it. Now we go onto the Egg, indirect, over a drip pan, at a dome of around 350°. I like to start them upside down for the first 30 minutes and flip them for the final 30 minutes or so, cooking until the bacon is done to your liking, roughly 1 hour. Most would expect these to be spicy due to the jalapenos, those that I have shared them with say they are not spicy at all. This is because of removing the seeds and membranes. I would suggest you make more than you think you need as they are going to get eaten faster than you can imagine. Here is my finished batch that should have cooked another 10 minutes or so.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/Bructer/offcr.jpg

Rick
04-15-2008, 07:06 PM
I love the jalapeņos but I back away from the habanero.

For those of you that garden and like hot peppers, try Hungarian Wax peppers. They look just like jalapeņos but aren't quite as hot and have a little more flavor in my book. If you want to plant a conversation pepper then look for Peter Peppers.

That looks pretty tasty, Bragg.

Alpine_Sapper
04-15-2008, 09:16 PM
I love the jalapeņos but I back away from the habanero.

For those of you that garden and like hot peppers, try Hungarian Wax peppers. They look just like jalapeņos but aren't quite as hot and have a little more flavor in my book. If you want to plant a conversation pepper then look for Peter Peppers.

That looks pretty tasty, Bragg.

There are SOOOOO many varieties of jalapeno's it's ridiculous. Biker Billy's are normally pretty hot. Just stay away from the TAM peppers. They were a genetically engineered pepper made at Texas A&M for less heat. Blech.

@Bragg: Awesome bro. That's what I'm talking about. And depending on the variety of pepper you may want to leave some of the seeds in. You can also dice some of the veins and seeds and add it to your mixture. I'd suggest making two batches if you do that though, because some people won't be able to handle it.

@RidgeWolf: ice cream, man. Serve ice cream for dessert. The milk in it will help neutralize the capsaicin in the peppers. I got a recipe for Guinness Ice Cream if you want it. ;)

Rick
04-16-2008, 07:00 AM
Alpine - What do you mean if you want it? You just post it, man. It's like breathing air. Of course we want it.

crashdive123
04-16-2008, 07:06 AM
I got a recipe for Guinness Ice Cream if you want it. ;)

I'm with Rick on this. Ice cream or beer.....post it and we will come.

Ridge Wolf
04-16-2008, 07:51 AM
There are SOOOOO many varieties of jalapeno's it's ridiculous. Biker Billy's are normally pretty hot. Just stay away from the TAM peppers. They were a genetically engineered pepper made at Texas A&M for less heat. Blech.

@Bragg: Awesome bro. That's what I'm talking about. And depending on the variety of pepper you may want to leave some of the seeds in. You can also dice some of the veins and seeds and add it to your mixture. I'd suggest making two batches if you do that though, because some people won't be able to handle it.

@RidgeWolf: ice cream, man. Serve ice cream for dessert. The milk in it will help neutralize the capsaicin in the peppers. I got a recipe for Guinness Ice Cream if you want it. ;)

Guinness??? that is my favorite beer... bring it on. :D

jrock24
04-22-2008, 05:15 PM
I have made them kind of what is described, but I add chopped garlic to the cream cheese before packing them full. They are great.

crashdive123
04-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Call em jalapeno poppers around here.

Alpine_Sapper
04-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Call em jalapeno poppers around here.

Most people around here think of jalapeno poppers as cheese stuffed peppers that are battered and fried.