PDA

View Full Version : Bear's Back!

Sarge47
07-28-2014, 09:21 AM
He's on ABC Network tonight at 7 p.m. Central. In this series he takes celebrities out in to the wilds where he feeds them disgusting insects and teaches them to drink urine, among other things.. .:innocent:...:drool:

Probably why the Science channel is running old "Survivorman" re-runs!....:sneaky2:

MrFixIt
07-28-2014, 11:27 AM
I'll stick with the SurvivorMan reruns...

hunter63
07-28-2014, 01:10 PM
I'll pass.....

crashdive123
07-28-2014, 01:17 PM
I'll pass.....

+1..........................

Canoetripper
07-28-2014, 05:22 PM
this is more STUPID and it's what people want. that is so sad....................

Sarge47
07-29-2014, 01:04 PM
Watched the 1st episode where Bear and Zach Efron went out into the Wilds of the Catskills to track and eat earthworms! Everything visible sported the BG logo...which means that it's Bear Grylls merch! Knife, pack, canteen, firestarter, coat, outside shirt, tee-shirt, pants...they didn't drop those so I'm not sure if the underwear is BG or not!....:2:...Zach did great on the new "Bear Grylls survival course," at least it was in the USA! And no urine was drank! That's a plus!

Next week Ben Stiller is out in the boonies with the bear! Saw some clips and at least he's funny! I hope Bear leaves Tom Arnold lost in the woods! Why not bring Tom's ex on the show? Roseann would be a welcome relief!....:sneaky2:

hunter63
07-29-2014, 01:26 PM
They played this on the Morning Show this morning....pretty funny.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0CspawwLpY

crashdive123
07-29-2014, 04:47 PM
I'll still pass.

Old GI
07-29-2014, 05:34 PM
I was channel surfing and confirmed my negative outlook on this in less than 30 seconds. If I could take those precious few seconds back, I certainly would.

Sarge47
07-29-2014, 05:51 PM
They played this on the Morning Show this morning....pretty funny.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0CspawwLpY

Coulda been worse, Hunter, that could have been Ruth!....:glare:

hunter63
07-29-2014, 07:37 PM
Well, then maybe I would watch....LOL.....But Tom Arnold?...Seriously?...Come on......

finallyME
07-30-2014, 09:50 AM
Yeah, the commercials I saw had some guy named Zach all decked out in Bear stuff, including the pack. So, it is basically an hour long commercial. My daughter says I am suppose to know who this Zach guy is....?????

Rick
07-30-2014, 01:58 PM
I walked into Wally World this morning looking for some ammo (what a waste of time) and it was wall to wall Grylls in the electronics section on big screen TVs. I da**ed near went blind.

pgvoutdoors
07-30-2014, 04:36 PM
As many of you know I'm not a fan of Bear's over exuberant approach to survival, but he does have skills. I've said it before, if I had to send someone for help, he would be the one. The new show I find entertaining for what it is, I like shows based in the outdoors. Bear has a extensive product line now and I would say much more than half of it is good quality. He has tied up with some solid companies. From a business standpoint I would expect him to use the products he endorses.

Not that long ago the options for survival based entertainment was nil. Now we're getting spoiled. These shows are not instructional programs as far as I see it, they're entertainment. So it comes down to whether you enjoy this kind of entertainment or not. Like I said, I like outdoor shows but Bass Masters bores me to death, so I don't watch it. That doesn't make it a bad show, just one I don't care for.

Rick
07-30-2014, 04:47 PM
I do give the guy his dues. From a marketing perspective he has a lot of savvy.

Walter2
08-01-2014, 05:59 PM
I watched the first episode,it's terrible ! And I like Bear...yes I do.