PDA

View Full Version : Molle II Ruck Questions

Airzoo Guy
07-22-2014, 10:59 AM
I recently purchased what I think is the newest generation of the Molle II large rucksack. It has the following differences from ones I've seen previoiusly:

The large cover flap has a zipper under it, in addition to the opening that is closed by the drawstring
It has three compression straps on each side, rather than two, and these are attached with fastex buckles rather than "normal buckles"
The cover flap has two snaps at the top, that attach to the rest of the ruck

I'm not former military, and am hoping someone can answer the following questions.

1. What is the purpose of the zipper under the flap? It goes into the same large area as the drawstring opening.
2. What are those snaps for? Is the large flap removable, and if so, why?
3. When using the sustainment packs with the ruck, are the compression straps supposed to go between the ruck and the sustainment pack, or do they go overtop of the sustainment pack?

Thanks for you help,

John

Rick
07-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Here is the skinny on the Molle II

http://ciehub.info/ref/TM/10-8465-236-10.pdf

There is a map pocket under the flap. I suspect that is what you are asking about.

Canoetripper
07-22-2014, 06:23 PM
wow everything you ever wanted to know about MOLLE II
It's all here folks come and get it!!!

Airzoo Guy
07-23-2014, 07:01 AM
I have that document...it doesn't really answer the questions I asked.

finallyME
07-25-2014, 01:21 PM
Give us pictures...that will probably help us to answer your questions.

However, Rick's link does answer your 3rd question. The straps go over the pouches.

For #2, can you take it off? If you can...then it is removable, otherwise, it isn't. Why?...so that you can remove it.

For #1, I need to see a picture. I have the model before the one with the one big bag. It doesn't have the zipper. It might be so that they can stick some big long thing in there, and still close the pack.

sjj
07-25-2014, 08:02 PM
deleted.....

hayshaker
09-27-2014, 10:00 PM
who made the pack? and what is you intended use for it? is it USGI or no? does it have room for a
USGI MSS sleep system? will this be your i,n.c.h bag or just a EDC bag or what?

finallyME
09-29-2014, 09:58 AM
hayshaker......this guy isn't coming back. He posted in July, we asked simple follow up questions....no answer. He's gone.