PDA

View Full Version : At Home Turf

FVR
07-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Few months back I got a call, the producers of At Home Turf wanted me to teach Deon and Andruw how to throw hawks.

Started a club many years ago GTA, Georgia Throwers Assco. and they found me through my website and a few articles written about us.

It came down to me and a martial arts instructor in S. Atlanta. He got the gig.

Kinda nice to have just been considered.

That is suppose to be AT&T Home Turf.

FVR
07-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Here you go.

http://www.danwashburn.com/throwing.html

owl_girl
07-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Yah I threw one of those when I was at pioneer fest. And I hit the target on my 2nd try. I think it’s a lot of fun. Sometimes I play with my bothers throwing knifes though I’m not that good with them, id love to learn to throw them more accurately because there so much fun. It seems like the tomahawk was a lot easier.

Sarge47
07-18-2007, 12:00 AM
When I was about Owl Girl's age I got really into throwing knives. Got pretty good at it too until I realized the worst thing you could do with a knife was throw it away. ;>)

Tony uk
07-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Ive tryed to throw a knife and can hit a target but its not much use other than a sport so i dont do it anymore

trax
07-23-2007, 03:24 PM
I've thrown knives and 'hawks all of my life off and on just for fun, we all did when we were kids, but there's plenty better at it than I am, hey FVR, congrats on just getting the call, that's cool

spiritman
07-24-2007, 05:13 AM
you know those fat throwing knives that look like your kid brother made it in shop? well me and my friends came up with a little game for them, long distance log splitting, and it's a lot of fun. It started at a mountain man competition when i broke the target with mine when it broadsided the tree section they were using. Now we play it like we used to play the lumberjack game you just have to be the one to break the target instead of make the axe unremovable within a time limit.

FVR
07-24-2007, 06:35 AM
I'd like to see a pic of one of them thar "fat" knives. Sounds like fun, if you have extra targets.

I use to take this throwing ax to the throws, use to split the targets right in half. Pulled a few muscles in the old throwing arm.

spiritman
07-25-2007, 12:14 AM
these are pretty close just no holes, you just make em out of whatever scrap metal you have
http://www.tbotech.com/images/throwing-knives/throwing-knifes.jpg