PDA

View Full Version : Instant towel

Tahyo
04-11-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm putting this thread in the Survival topic as I didn't know where else I should. Moderator, please move if you need to.

I have a Bass Pro shop about 10 minutes from where I live. I usually go there once a week to see what's on sale as I do like some of their shirts.

While poking around, I ran across something that could be of use in some situations. They are called "EZ Towels". It's little "puck" about the size of an over size Rolaid and as soon as you put a little water on it, it expands into a nice little paper towel that is actually tougher than a paper towel. First thing I though of was getting it for my wife to toss in her car as she is always spilling something. Then on the way home I got to thinking that due to the small size, you could certainly find room somewhere in your kit. Emergency butt wipe is one thing that crossed my mind.

Anyway, here's the link to the company site in case anyone thinks it's interesting.

http://www.eztowel.com/information.php?info_id=2

Rick
04-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Someone else posted on this product, Mitch I think, but I can't seem to find the post. Anywhoooo, you're right, they are excellent. I bought some and have them in my pack. They're downright handy and use very little water to expand. The bag also includes a waterproof container but you can use plastic M&M minis to store them in as well.

http://www.m-ms.com/us/about/products/minis/

Tahyo
04-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Yea, it came with a little container. I'm giving that to my wife.
Thanks Rick.

Rick
04-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Yeah, keep the M&M minis for yourself. That way you'll be forced to eat the M&Ms so you can have the plastic container. See what we have to sacrifice for those we love?:D

JRR
04-13-2008, 04:00 AM
I saw these a while back. I thought they were great. I was bragging about how lightweight they were, etc. Until a friend noted a paper towel doesn't weigh very much either....

Sourdough
04-13-2008, 08:43 AM
:pI always thought that was what a T-shirt was for, to use as a towel.........:p

Rick
04-13-2008, 08:56 AM
JRR - The advantage is they are about the diameter of a dime and about 1/2 inch thick when dry.

Hopeak - Tried the T-shirt. The wipe stains seemed to put people off for some reason and the shirt tends to get stiff after a while.