PDA

View Full Version : camouflage

WildGoth
07-17-2007, 03:22 AM
well i think this needs to be covered camouflage so does anyone have any advice about the subject

Sarge47
07-17-2007, 11:36 AM
well i think this needs to be covered camouflage so does anyone have any advice about the subject

Why camouflage? Who are you hiding from? The idea is to be found as quickly as possible so the brighter colors the better. However, if you're convinced this is the way you want to go check out the large U.S. Military Alice Pack, they are available in woodland camo as well as o.d. and other colors/patterns as well.

WildGoth
07-17-2007, 02:07 PM
well i mean if you were going to stalk and hunt down a animal

WildGoth
07-17-2007, 02:36 PM
thanks for that

Sarge47
07-17-2007, 05:34 PM
well i mean if you were going to stalk and hunt down a animal

What kind of animal? If your out hunting deer during deer season and it's not bow-hunting season you'd better be wearing bright orange if you don't want to wind up a statistic. Besides, you probably wouldn't be wearing your pack. I'm going to repeat myself here, if your life is not truly in danger then it's not a survival situation. If you're just farting around out in the woods, okay. Just stay safe. By the way, most animals go by smell as well as eyesight. Are you going to use a firearm? Spear? Snare? I think you need to study up more on what you're going to want to do.

FVR
07-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Camouflage nowdays is just a fashion statement.

Slowly and quietly moving through the woods will get you game. Camouflage is for hiding from humans.

But then, when I'm in the backwoods, I don't want to be seen by humans.

Sarge47
07-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Camouflage nowdays is just a fashion statement.

Slowly and quietly moving through the woods will get you game. Camouflage is for hiding from humans.

But then, when I'm in the backwoods, I don't want to be seen by humans.

How about if your trying to be found before you start eating your traveling partners? ;>)

FVR
07-17-2007, 07:35 PM
If I get myself into a situation where I have to eat my traveling partner, time to go under as I would not do that.

I take precautions to make sure I don't get into situations like that. Well, my wife makes me take those precautions.

owl_girl
07-17-2007, 07:48 PM
If I get myself into a situation where I have to eat my traveling partner, time to go under as I would not do that.

I take precautions to make sure I don't get into situations like that. Well, my wife makes me take those precautions.

Id suppose your wife doesn’t want to be eaten.

FVR
07-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Okaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......................

No, my wife is not the "hike in the mountains kind of lady" she says it's my thing.

She just wants to make sure I come back.

owl_girl
07-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Okaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......................

No, my wife is not the "hike in the mountains kind of lady" she says it's my thing.

She just wants to make sure I come back.
Sorry if I disturbed you. I was just joking.

FVR
07-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Owl Girl,

Disturbed? Not hardly, my wife got a chuckle from your response.

Could of gone a couple ways with it.

Now, if'n you were on the USMC board, total diff. response. Imagine, a bunch of old Jarheads.LOL

Sarge47
07-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Imagine if it were an international group...Should we have Chinese, or Italian! Ouch! ;>)

owl_girl
07-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Owl Girl,

Now, if'n you were on the USMC board, total diff. response. Imagine, a bunch of old Jarheads.LOL
Ok cool :D

Sarge47
07-17-2007, 09:50 PM
It's all cool, owl girl, i never argue with someone who carries a machete. ;>)

owl_girl
07-17-2007, 10:14 PM
It's all cool, owl girl, i never argue with someone who carries a machete. ;>)
lol yah good idea.

troutndeer
07-18-2007, 01:07 AM
I hunt deer for my meat and I ware an orange hat and shirt. I do hunt with a gun so I dont need to get that close. I try to jump the deer as I am walking so camo wold wok aginst me there. But when chasing turkey I am head to toe camo.

Sarge47
07-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Owl Girl,

OOH-RAH! You old "devil-dog" you! ;>)

Tony uk
07-18-2007, 12:40 PM
HA! Buy some old camouflage wear off of an army type of site, Some kit,facepaint and camo netting will help i think also stay downwind of the thing your hunting

Jarheads will end the world one day, im sure of it

FVR
07-18-2007, 05:28 PM
LOL.

People always hate those that do their jobs the best.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. "Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps."
"Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Teufel Hunden

Sarge47
07-18-2007, 05:51 PM
LOL.

People always hate those that do their jobs the best.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. "Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps."
"Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Teufel Hunden

I have a nephew in the Army National Guard who spent a year over in Iraq. He said they were stationed with the 2nd Marine Division who were so crazy they'd shoot anything or darn near anybody. He also credits them with the loss of only 4 guys out of a company of 500 during the entire year they were over there and for his safe return home. OOHRAH! Go Devil-Dogs! BTW, if any of you folks like the History Channel's program "Mail Call", especially former Marine Sgt. R. Lee Ermy, then you might want to avoid the hilarious comedy: "Saving Silverman". It could ruin your view of Gunnery Sgt. Ermy for life! ;>) (Neil Diamond was good though.)

FVR
07-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Ermy was awsome in the movie. Kinda funny, can't go through life being too serious.

I have alot of respect for the US Military, all branches. They are all heroes.

nell67
07-18-2007, 06:35 PM
I have a bumper sticker on my gas hawg SUV that says "PROUD PARENT OF A U.S. SOLDIER" on and I am so very proud of my son. Even though it scares the heck out of me,I still support my soldier,and everyone like him.HOOAH!!!!

Sarge47
07-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Ermy was awsome in the movie. Kinda funny, can't go through life being too serious.

I have alot of respect for the US Military, all branches. They are all heroes.

Yeah, but planting a big wet one on Jack Black! Although Jack didn't seem to mind! (snicker)

Beo
11-01-2007, 01:31 PM

What if your plane goes down? Only two of you left alive and your both starving. Now will you eat your companion? Are you a Wendigo?

trax
11-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Good call Otay, years since I've seen that skit, it's still awesome.