PDA

View Full Version : How to use a primitive rock sling - an easy to learn and accurate technique

paracordist
05-01-2014, 11:34 AM
How to use a primitive rock sling - an easy to learn and accurate technique
Filmed this yesterday while exercising the dogs. Projectile was a golf ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmso8KaC_Nk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crashdive123
05-02-2014, 05:56 AM
Nice demo. I think if you demonstrated any more with the empty sling though, that your dogs would have gone out on strike.

paracordist
05-02-2014, 08:06 AM
My dopey dogs !

Rick
05-02-2014, 08:16 AM
That was a great vid. Thanks for posting.

paracordist
05-02-2014, 09:45 AM
I've decided to do "forum" versions of my vids now!

hunter63
05-02-2014, 11:03 AM
Excellent....dogs are a hoot.

Dad, dad, dad, throw it, throw it....quit fooling around, come on dad, dad, dad....would you just throw the ball......there it goes....oh no not yet....dad, dad, ..throw it.

I had a shepherd that would retrieve golf ball at the park when I would chip them at a bucket....for quite a while, but the last time, she picked up the ball, ran home and laid on the porch with the ball between her feet.....I guess she had enough.

Grizz123
05-03-2014, 08:48 AM
I need to make one of those now...

Is there a formula to figure the length based on a persons size or arm length?

Lamewolf
05-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Good video, but I just don't get the "accurate" part ? Looks like he is going more for distance than he is for accuracy ?

paracordist
05-03-2014, 07:29 PM
I wasn't throwing for accuracy. The technique however is quite accurate and uses a natural throwing motion more intuitive and less wild than twirling overhead. Length is preference. 3' for max distance, 2' for better accuracy. +/-

Grizz123
05-04-2014, 12:24 PM
I wasn't throwing for accuracy. The technique however is quite accurate and uses a natural throwing motion more intuitive and less wild than twirling overhead. Length is preference. 3' for max distance, 2' for better accuracy. +/-

Thanks for the help

Lamewolf
05-05-2014, 07:19 AM

OK, I was going by the title of the thread on the accurate comment. I have played with slings in the past and with a 3' sling I could put a tennis ball sized rock almost across the Big Sandy (not a big river) river near Ashland KY when I was younger. I knew I had it right and it was going to go max distance when I heard it crack like a 22 rifle on release ! Never did get good enough to get accurate with though and I recently made a new 3 footer and one that is about a foot and a half long - just haven't played with them yet.

paracordist
05-05-2014, 09:20 AM
This technique is pretty dialed in left to right. Practice on release timing is required for vertical.

finallyME
05-20-2014, 09:25 AM
Poor little puppies. Daddy keeps messin with them, not throwing anything! My dog just stares at me with the old "your joking" look on her face when I throw stuff.

Great video and excellent instructions. I wonder if it is more powerful than the old David and Goliath technique.