PDA

View Full Version : Where do you go?

Rocky789
07-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Ive just lost my wilderness area (new housing is being built there:( ) and would like to find someplace new. So this is a two part question, first where do you go for your 1 to 2 week trips "off the grid" and Im the kind of person that if given a knife and some decent clothing can live almost anywhere on the east coast (im more familiar with the geography, and flora and fauna here) for a couple of months if not indefinitely(longest time has been 3 weeks) but im looking for a new place to do so and am having a really hard time. I live in the maryland/virginia area so hopefully some place really close to there would be ideal. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

WildGoth
07-16-2007, 11:31 PM
i hear that west virgina is really wild

LiL' bunny fufu
07-16-2007, 11:33 PM
http://www.mdcamping.com/

LiL' bunny fufu
07-16-2007, 11:34 PM
there might be somthing on there

Rocky789
07-17-2007, 09:43 AM
I guess my issue is I need a place where I know im not breaking any laws or rules by my camping there, because most places only allow you to stay at designated campsites and that simply wouldnt work for a long trip where I hope to see no one for a while. Also I dont want any nosy rangers coming up to my site wondering why he sees smoke in a place that shouldnt have anybody camping there.