PDA

View Full Version : Back Pack for College Girls - Maxpedition Gearslinger

sjj
11-18-2013, 11:31 PM
Folks,

I need to order backpacks for two young ladies going off to college. I would most sincerely appreciate any suggestions.

Solar Geek
11-19-2013, 12:43 AM
This is just my humble opinion, but, neither of my college-age daughters use any of the Maxpedition bags. Both were raised as preppers. At college they want to fit in and make friends. To me while I love those bags, they "scream" prepper or military.
Did you ask your girls what they wanted? They will have the bag with them 24/7 and it must also fit a small purse inside.

1stimestar
11-19-2013, 03:25 AM
As a girl who went to college (as an adult), I would not have used one of these. Go with the traditional college back packs as they have room for books, laptop, pens, phones, debit cards, and various other girl things.

Winnie
11-19-2013, 05:02 AM
I would agree with the others. When I was at Uni, also as an adult, the only bags I saw like that were slung over a blokes shoulder. You're going to hate me for saying this, give them a limit and take them bag shopping. They then have control over the look, you have input on the quality.

Solar Geek
11-19-2013, 09:55 AM
Target has some great backpacks in a couple of places in the stores - with purses, then with luggage, then with the "dorm stuff" in about mid-July to early August. Most of the time the backpacks are cute enough to have the girls actually use them and last over a year.

sjj
11-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the info folks.