PDA

View Full Version : crossing my fingers, crossing my fingers

randyt
11-15-2013, 07:03 PM
I have a line on a drilling. It's a 16 gauge side by side with a 9.2 sumptin sumptin on the bottom, probably a bring back from germany. I'm hoping it comes in at a price I can afford. It's priceless to see the look on my buddys face when I pull out something out of the ordinary.

crashdive123
11-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Good luck.

Rick
11-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Dad said when they cleared a burg or town they would dump all the guns in a pile and the guys could take their pick of anything they wanted and ship them back home. He said some of them were incredibly beautiful. Good luck, a drilling is a cool weapon. I hope you get it.

hunter63
11-15-2013, 08:57 PM
I have a line on a drilling. It's a 16 gauge side by side with a 9.2 sumptin sumptin on the bottom, probably a bring back from germany. I'm hoping it comes in at a price I can afford. It's priceless to see the look on my buddys face when I pull out something out of the ordinary.

LOL, I'll bet that buddy is getting tired of you pulling out another "little ol' thing I found laying around"......
Been seeing a few at local shows...or maybe the same one a couple of times, 16 ga and a sorta 30 caliber, rounds looked like a pencil.
They were around $1600 at the time, last spring and summer.
Not that good of shape....cool, but not $1600 cool

The funny one was a O/U rifle/shotgun, 16 ga and .30 caliber sumption.....on clearance sale at our Gander Mountain.
Tag said......$2200 original price, sale price $2200....savings -0-.......So couldn't just let that go, so asked the guy....he said "That's what it is...You want to make an offer?......I said yes, $500........We both laughed a long time.

Good luck, they are still cool.

Batch
11-15-2013, 09:38 PM
Wow, I just had a guy ask me if I would look at his 16 gauge. He said it has an external hammer and that the hammer is not striking the firing pin. He said he doesn't think the gun has ever been fired. LOL

He is going to bring it to me Monday. That and a .22 he has never fired. I never heard of a 16 gauge before tonight. Growing up I never knew no one with a 10 gauge, everyone had a 12, some had 20 and .410's.

hunter63
11-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Funny thing is....in Europe 16 ga seems real popular.
One of my early finds was a Crescent Arms 16 ga SXS with the external hammers......cool old piece....not worth much, but I still like Crescent Arms stuff.

randyt
11-15-2013, 11:14 PM
I have some all brass 16 gauge hulls and some paper hulls plus several boxes of loaded 16 gauge I really need to get something I can utilize these in. LOL In a moment of weakness my buddy wormed a 97 winchester in 16 gauge out of me. It happened so fast it was to late. Paybacks are a booger though, I traded a 71 winchester from him.