PDA

View Full Version : Medicinal Plants

Rick
11-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Here is a Word document with 84 medicinal plants for your perusal. I make no claims about the validity of the information. I'm only posting for your information. Use your own judgement on whether the claims are valid.

bluej
11-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Awesome post! There are also some online databases with extracts from the King's American Dispensatory which I find useful if you have a question about what a plant might be used for. Look for Henriette's Herbal. It's best to practice identifiying a few useful plants - get good at it - then expand from there. Plants can be tricky to identify. This site has a cool page for some of that too. I am so glad I found yall. :)

your_comforting_company
11-20-2013, 08:07 AM
Some of the terms and Family names are antiquated, and no longer in use, but if you cross reference with newer material, you'll find this file very useful! Thanks Rick!

cabingal4
07-21-2014, 07:23 AM
thanks Rick.
i downloaded this to save.
i have an old chest.its a recipe box is what it looks like.
i have carried it around for years and years.
since the 70s.its much like this info u shared.
its recipe cards in a recipe like box with pictures of all the plants in the woods u can use for medical help.
http://preparednessadvice.com/edible_plants/natures-medical-chest/#.U8z3CJRX-uY
if anyone every comes across this.grab it up cause its sure helpful to get a photo of each plant in this little recipe chest.
i love mine and always am looking at the cards.10120

Awanita
09-24-2014, 12:29 PM
It is also a good Idea, to check and see what plant are native to ones area. Many medical plants have the same use but not all grow in the same region.