PDA

View Full Version : National Geographic Documentary

Lower48Doc
11-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Hi all,

Chris, Webmaster for Wilderness Survival, gave me permission to post.

My name is Ally Siegel and I work with BBC Worldwide Productions. I came across the Permies Forum while doing research on off grid, subsistence living for a documentary on National Geographic.

I would love to speak with you further about your off grid efforts and lifestyle, to see if you might be interested in participating in this doc series.

The aim of the documentary is to explore the inspiring challenges and pleasures this way of life offers. The documentary will be positive in tone. We are looking to promote off grid living.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Ally Siegel

hunter63
11-08-2013, 03:48 PM
This isn't the Permies Forum, it's the Wilderness Survival Forum.....so is that post kinda a form letter posting?

crashdive123
11-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Chris owns quite a few forums.

Good luck with your research and documentary. Hope you find some of your "talent" from our membership.

Lower48Doc
11-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Chris owns quite a few forums.

Good luck with your research and documentary. Hope you find some of your "talent" from our membership.

Thank you for clarifying and I appreciate the good luck.

DOGMAN
11-08-2013, 10:14 PM
So, is this for the National Geographic Channel (owned by Fox) or is this for the National Geographic Society? There is a real big difference. What is the name of the production company your with? What other shows has your production company done? Just curious thanks

LowKey
11-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Says BBC Worldwide Productions in first post.
http://www.bbcwpressroom.com/bbc-worldwide-productions/

DOGMAN
11-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Gotcha...thanks Lowkey I didn't read the post that well. I just saw National Geographic and BBC. I thought it was someone representing the real BBC...not a LA based reality show production house. I would guess that this isn't a classic National Geographic or BBC style documentary, but a reality show

1stimestar
11-09-2013, 03:04 AM
National Geographic and BBC are the ones that do Life Below Zero. I can say that the two members I personally know on that show are pretty happy about the way they have been treated and the dealings they have had. The other two people that I know because they are friends of friends of mine, are also very happy about being on the show. So in other words, 4 out of 6 people on that show, I know for a fact are happy about it. Unlike a friend on a different Alaskan reality show (and different company) who was not so happy about the way she was treated.

DOGMAN
11-09-2013, 04:00 PM
This is a bigger issue than making show participants happy or not...

This is about controlling information and a war being played out by Rupert Murdoch and a few others to shape our opinions on nature, animals, climate change, other cultures, etc... and the National Geographic Channel- is not a true representation of the National Geographic Society (the organization we grew up reading their magazine, looking at their photos and watching their documentaries), and BBC Worldwide Productions is not the division of the BBC that does Blue-Chip documentaries for Nature and other programs.

So, if anyone does go along with this casting-call, just be aware- you will not be working with the National Geographic Society per se, or be a part of classic BBC documentary You will basically be working for FOX News and most likely will be working on a psudeo-reality type show, not a documentary.

1stimestar
11-09-2013, 07:48 PM
I guess it's just pretty common knowledge up here...

DOGMAN
11-09-2013, 09:32 PM
For sure Star... But it's not common knowledge everywhere, so just shining a light on reality