PDA

View Full Version : Living in the Trees

Spenny0463
11-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Hey guys,
So im looking to BC / Alberta and find a place off the side of the road and set up a tent for a bit while I build something more safe. Im not sure if I should be worried about Bears/Wolves etc but I am which is why I would prefer to have a shelter higher in the trees.
A) how worried should I be about Bears and Other dangerous animals living 5-10km from civilization?
B) Are there any legal issues with squatting for 2-3 months in the woods? And building a shelter in the woods
C) how might I go about setting up higher in the trees?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated
Cheers

Rick
11-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Welcome home and yes there are issues. All land is owned by someone whether it be private, corporate, Crown or tribal land. You have some quirky laws in Canada about squatters so make certain you know what's in the provincial limitation acts for that province. Can't help you with the bears.

hunter63
11-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Hunter63, saying Hey and Welcome.
There is an introduction section at:

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?14-Introductions

I don't know what the laws are in BC/Alberta areas are, so some one in that area may have to answer your other questions.
Have you contacted the local government or chamber of commerce of the city/town/village?

Generally there are rules pertaining to squatting or using some one else's land (trespassing)......but I couldn't say.