PDA

View Full Version : Book Idea.

Sarge47
07-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Okay, let's see how this goes. !st we need a name for this group! Go for it people!

WildGoth
07-15-2007, 08:56 PM
survival masters

Sarge47
07-15-2007, 09:09 PM
survival masters

Hmmm, that title implies that we think we know it all. In my opinion I think we should be cautious about that, but I'll let others say what they think. By the way, thanks for jumping in!

Tony uk
07-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Survivor People ?

FVR
07-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Book title "A Walk in the Woods".

Written by Those that have stumbled.

Tony uk
07-15-2007, 09:14 PM

The title might make people think its just about the woods tho

Sarge47
07-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Survivor People ?

That's two, any others? I'm writing them down!

Sarge47
07-15-2007, 09:18 PM

I think that one might also have been taken. Maybe "Stumbling Through the Woods"? ;>)

mbarnatl
07-15-2007, 09:21 PM

Sorry but that is already taken. "A walk in the woods" by Bill Bryson. It is about the author that hiked the Appalachian Trail...at least part of it.

As Sarge 47 said "Stumbling Through the Woods" .... or "Taking a Stumble in the Woods".

Sarge47
07-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Okay, while I'm waiting on the creative juices to flow heres a couple of "no-no's".

1.) No using celebrity names like Bear or Les or any of that, besides, it might be illegal to do so without their permission.

2.) Very few of those here are "experts"; I prefer to think of all of us as "contributers".

3.) We'll do this in order, 1st coming up with a name for the group here, then for the book, then a list of subjects/contents, an outline, and so on & so on.

Any further comments or complaints?

mbarnatl
07-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Not sure about what you asking for a group name for? ...thought this is a group... "wilderness-survival.net" ...the wilderness survival forum is a group / community.

Sarge47
07-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Not sure about what you asking for a group name for? ...thought this is a group... "wilderness-survival.net" ...the wilderness survival forum is a group / community.

I thought giving the group it's own idenity would help us come up with a name for a book on Survival. I belong to a "Christian Leadership" Forum that has a name: Theophilus Journey. We have members from all over the world. Some are even published authors. The group has grown so close that we now try to come together once or twice a year in person. We could narrow it down to the initials: W.S.F.G. (Wilderness Suvival Forum Group) like you mentioned, although personally I think that sounds like the call sign of a radio station. Besides, it's one way to get off of the "Man vs. Wild vs. Survivorman vs. film credibilty debate we just had earlier.

mbarnatl
07-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Hey... also you need to check with this site webmaster/owner if this is ok. And due credit does go to this site/forum.

I also understand what you are saying about the group name now.

Sarge47
07-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Okay guys n' gals. I didn't mean to step on any toes here, so I created a blog page for anyone interested in continuing with the book idea. sargesheros.blogspot.com. Hope to see some of you there! Meanwhile I'll hang out here but lay off the book idea while on this website...cool?

spiritman
07-15-2007, 11:35 PM
Okay, while I'm waiting on the creative juices to flow heres a couple of "no-no's".

1.) No using celebrity names like Bear or Les or any of that, besides, it might be illegal to do so without their permission.

2.) Very few of those here are "experts"; I prefer to think of all of us as "contributers".

3.) We'll do this in order, 1st coming up with a name for the group here, then for the book, then a list of subjects/contents, an outline, and so on & so on.

Any further comments or complaints?

Non-Celebrity Survival Forum Contributers! I think that fits your criteria, and as for the title of the book just start with "Sarge's Compilation of helpful survival tips stolen from" :) jk but i probably wouldn't buy the book if I wasn't one of the contributers.

Sarge47
07-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Sarge's Book Derived From Non-Celebrity Survival Forum Contibuters! I think that fits your criteria, but i probably wouldn't buy the book if I wasn't one of the contributers.

Good point, I wouldn't expect it to be a book put up for sale, but rather a collection of knowledge gathered from this group, perhaps put into a down-loadable form so that everyone could have their own copy of what's been shared? Any other ideas?

spiritman
07-15-2007, 11:46 PM
not really for a title, but I would like to see the finished product/ help out if I can.

Sarge47
07-16-2007, 12:03 AM
not really for a title, but I would like to see the finished product/ help out if I can.

Cool. So as not to conflict with this website I've created a blog at sargesheros.blogspot.com. Feel free to input all you want. Right now We're trying to come up with a name for the group so as to personalize the book.

WildGoth
07-16-2007, 01:14 AM
helping a fellow survivalist