PDA

View Full Version : iPhone App - Military and Wilderness Survival Field Manuals

Rick
09-05-2013, 04:24 PM
If anyone is interested. $6.99

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/survivalpedia-military-wilderness/id377726228?mt=8

pgvoutdoors
09-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Interesting, but I refuse to have a phone smarter than myself. Another good find though.

Sourdough
09-06-2013, 12:28 PM
I am sure most are INTERESTED.........after all they get the warm fuzzy........without getting their boots dirty. And it is one most thingie.

If anyone is interested. $6.99

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/survivalpedia-military-wilderness/id377726228?mt=8

Rick
09-06-2013, 12:35 PM
I am certainly glad you have all the answers. You seem pretty good at chastising everyone because they don't fit your mold or don't spend as much time outdoors as you think they should. I would suggest that we live the life we want to live and don't have to answer to others for how we live it. So whether you think I or anyone else get a warm fuzzy is really not something that should concern you.

Here is an offer for you.....why not dazzle us with your outdoor knowledge and post on outdoor topics instead of gloom, doom and looking down your nose at us? That last part is really getting quite old.

Sourdough
09-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Well, rather than supplying Content for Chris to make a profit.........It might be better to start my own blog site. Which to you think is the best host for a blog site......?

Here is an offer for you.....why not dazzle us with your outdoor knowledge and post on outdoor topics instead of gloom, doom and looking down your nose at us? That last part is really getting quite old.

Rick
09-06-2013, 01:48 PM
You're chittin' me right? You want me to tell you how to compete against Chris? Not a chance.

LowKey
09-07-2013, 12:21 PM
I think I'd rather have the real books in hand. Tough to power up an iPhone/pad/tablet when the battery dies in the woods (or in the event of the zombie apocalypse).

Ken
09-07-2013, 12:44 PM
I think I'd rather have the real books in hand. Tough to power up an iPhone/pad/tablet when the battery dies in the woods (or in the event of the zombie apocalypse).

Mr. Murphy asked me to tell you that he's sure you'll need the books at midnight, in the middle of a pitch-black 72 hour long torrential rainstorm, just after you used up the last of your flashlight batteries, glow sticks, and candles (for whatever they were worth). He also asked me to tell you that you forgot your wind-up flashlight in your truck, and the zombies will reach your camp in 10 minutes. :innocent:

el-amigo
09-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Thanks... I don't have an iPhone, but I will check if I can get it on Android.

DSJohnson
09-12-2013, 12:23 AM
Dang you would think it must be a full moon or maybe a big solar flare or something. Kind'a seems like cranky is out in full force. Thank you Rick for posting the link.

NightShade
10-02-2013, 07:15 PM
I had a similar app a while back on my phone. It was a free version of the army survival guide... It was pretty good with pictures/ diagrams and everything..... I deleted it after a few months because after I initially read it I literally never opened it again.
It was kinda like reading the same stuff I've read a thousand different times... Just on my phone! Hey, it made for good reading material while I was waiting for a Dr.'s appointment... But I don't think I'd pay for it.... While 6.99 ain't much, it's kinda a lot for an iPhone app on a subject I have a literal library on in hard print at home.

To each his own though....

crashdive123
10-02-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm new to the Iphone thingy. I've downloaded a few free apps - a few different weather apps, a couple of mapping apps, one for heat treating steel and one for Florida State Parks.

NightShade
10-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Crash- there are some pretty awesome "map your hike" apps out there.... I sometimes turn one on and then just go out hiking... it's fun to look at them after and figure out where you went (mapped out), the distance, pace time, altitude change etc. There are some REAL fancy ones that a few dudes I know use, but I find the free ones are good enough for my purposes... I'm not using my phone as a GPS to guide me, I just like to review it afterwards... worth looking into IMO.