PDA

View Full Version : Holodays

Tony uk
07-15-2007, 04:23 PM
For us in Britan its holoday season :D from June to July we normaly go

I was wondering if any of you where going somewhere abroad for a vacation, Im going to Torrevieja,Spain in 1 week today for a sail around the coast and get a nice tan :)

Any of you guys going anywhere ?

Sarge47
07-15-2007, 04:29 PM
For us in Britan its holoday season :D from June to July we normaly go

I was wondering if any of you where going somewhere abroad for a vacation, Im going to Torrevieja,Spain in 1 week today for a sail around the coast and get a nice tan :)

Any of you guys going anywhere ?

Actually I just got back from a week at the Cornerstone Festival. It's a worldwide Christian music festival featuring all kinds of cool Christian music: Celtic, Goth, Hip-Hop, Rock, Blues, R & B...I like everything but "Tooth & Nail".

Tony uk
07-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Ive heard of that and was planing to look it up sometime, it has the kind of music i like :D

Lucky you

Sarge47
07-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Ive heard of that and was planing to look it up sometime, it has the kind of music i like :D

Lucky you

Yeah, Jesus People, U.S.A. out of Chicago bought a 600 acre Campgrounds complete with a large lake and it's only 20 miles from me. This year I got in by volunteering my driving abilities to transport their artists and speakers. The best part was talking to Toby Mac in person!

WildGoth
07-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Actually I just got back from a week at the Cornerstone Festival. It's a worldwide Christian music festival featuring all kinds of cool Christian music: Celtic, Goth, Hip-Hop, Rock, Blues, R & B...I like everything but "Tooth & Nail".

wht the i have never heard of christain goth music :confused: cause i mean goth music is death music like marilyn manson so does that not go against itself

Sarge47
07-15-2007, 09:06 PM
wht the i have never heard of christain goth music :confused: cause i mean goth music is death music like marilyn manson so does that not go against itself

Actually, not at all. Music is made up of two ingrediants: Form & Content. Form being the style, in this case, Goth, and Content being the lyrics. My favorite Goth group is a band called "Leper'. They are actually part of the Jesus People community in Chicago who's primary mission is feeding, clothing, and sheltering the homeless & the poor. BTW, I also dig a group that might remind one of Marilyn Manson named "G.S. Megaphone. Ironically, Christian Goth artists are constantly being treated like dirt from other Christians...that really sucks!

gringo
07-16-2007, 07:50 AM
Sarge, I went to Cornerstone back in '89. Slept in the back of an old van but had a great time. Always wanted to take my kids there but never back been in the US over the 4th of July. Glad you had a great time.

I was a DJ on a couple of radio stations back then.

Sarge47
07-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Sarge, I went to Cornerstone back in '89. Slept in the back of an old van but had a great time. Always wanted to take my kids there but never back been in the US over the 4th of July. Glad you had a great time.

I was a DJ on a couple of radio stations back then.

Super Cool! Glenn Kaiser is a close friend of mine. He's over in Norway right now with GKB (Glenn Kaiser Band) playing some gigs. If you ever plan on heading that way again let me know & we'll hook up!

gringo
07-16-2007, 10:57 AM
I will be in the US in December and possibly will head to Chicago. I'm connected with a church in St. Charles.

I will let you know and maybe we can meet up.

bear
07-16-2007, 11:08 AM
I spend a week in Canada every summer. I go fishing in Ontario and have been doing it for about twelve years now. bear