PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever try Black Bean Burgers?

sofasurfer
07-03-2013, 12:27 AM
Watching Jim Baker tonight. Hes selling Black Bean Burger mix, dehydrated. He mixed some up and I have to admit that it looked tasty. But I wonder how it tastes. Anyone ever tried it? I would think that any burger made of bean would suck. But you never know.

Winter
07-03-2013, 12:49 AM
What? This fella?
http://www.spiritwatch.org/bakker.jpg

Rick
07-03-2013, 07:01 AM
I have eaten the Morningstar ones. I think they are pretty good.

BENESSE
07-03-2013, 08:06 AM
I have eaten the Morningstar ones. I think they are pretty good.

I have tried those and liked them. Lightly pan fried in hot sesame oil and added a bit of soy sauce and hot sauce.
Also made my own from this recipe where you can modify to fit your taste. I like to add minced jalapeno peppers to my mix. (I like the fact that there are no preservatives when you make them from scratch) Make a bunch and freeze them for later.

http://www.forksoverknives.com/black-bean-burgers-3/

gryffynklm
07-03-2013, 08:16 AM
I have have had Morinigstar as well as a few others at restaurants. I like the them favor and texture are good. Keep in mind it is not a hamburger and will not taste like one. Burger just describes the form of the patty. Give it a try.

I like B's idea of making your own.

backtobasics
07-03-2013, 10:28 AM
The ones I ate taste like beans to me. My wife likes them but I think its because it taste like Mexican food to her. For me there better suited for a burrito or enchilada.

BornthatWay
07-03-2013, 11:53 AM
I really like the bean burgers. I agree the best ones are the ones you make yourself.

Rick
07-03-2013, 02:08 PM
I have tried those and liked them. Lightly pan fried in hot sesame oil and added a bit of soy sauce and hot sauce.

Hey! That's exactly how I did it. Oh, wait. I popped 'em in the microwave. Never mind.

crashdive123
07-03-2013, 04:12 PM
I've tried a couple of brands. All were OK. I liked Morning Star the best.

Panda
08-12-2013, 10:57 AM
I've tasted black bean burger from Hard Rock Cafe. Personally, it wasn't the best one I've tasted ... but thats just my point of view, it tasted very sweet.

Alaskan Sass
10-31-2013, 01:39 AM
OH, Ill have to try this. I LOVE Black Bean burgers by Morning Star and have wanted to try to make my own. BTW Forks over Knives... Excellent website and video!:thumbup: