PDA

View Full Version : Survival treks

Atlanta Randy
07-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Does anyone else go on Short "survival treks"?
2 or 3 day hikes using just your survival kit?
I do and hate doing it alone.
Anyone near Atlanta?

FVR
07-13-2007, 11:07 PM
I prefer winter hunting treks up in the mountains. I think I might be able to do one this year as an old trekking buddy just moved back up from the coast.

We do it in pre 1840's gear. We hunt rabbits, squirrels, hogs, and anything else that is game and edible. We can do some trout fishing as it's an year round water.

We will take a little grub, not much as we try to keep it light. This year I'm going to try and a really light load, prob. most weight will be one whitney, one mil. wool, and a canvas tarp. Coffee pot that doubles as a corn boiler, pot, water boiler, soup maker, you get the drift.

Rocky789
07-16-2007, 09:12 PM
I try to but am having a hard time finding a new location(last place I had is getting new houses built on it right now) so if I could I would.

wareagle69
07-24-2007, 04:58 PM
when i was younger and without responsibilities i would go out in the mountains of northern arizona for days weeks and one time four months lonely yeah sometimes, but you learn to accept and move on now with a family life it is harder to get away, but i still find time to go out in tha bush or backyard and practice some skills

spiritman
07-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Does anyone else go on Short "survival treks"?
2 or 3 day hikes using just your survival kit?
I do and hate doing it alone.
Anyone near Atlanta?

That depends on what you mean by survival kit I think. Too bad I'm nowhere near Atlanta or I'd go with you for sure.