PDA

View Full Version : Excellent forum or what?

rebel
03-25-2008, 08:42 PM
It's small enough for individual personalities and where you can disagree with your INTERNET neighbor. Yet, somewhere in the discussion everone cares about your viewpoint and comes to an agreement. Everyone shows their strengths and weaknesses and we all help to come to a better understanding of the truths.

Tony uk
03-25-2008, 09:20 PM
I completely agree with you rebel :D

Ole WV Coot
03-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Yep, we know what opinions are like but you soon learn there's more than one way to skin a cat. I can always learn something new.

trax
03-26-2008, 03:46 PM
You said it all, excellent forum.

canid
03-27-2008, 02:27 AM
i agree. this is the most personal/ intimate board i've posted at in a while. i like the small town feel.

CTracker
03-27-2008, 02:48 AM
It's small enough for individual personalities and where you can disagree with your INTERNET neighbor. Yet, somewhere in the discussion everone cares about your viewpoint and comes to an agreement. Everyone shows their strengths and weaknesses and we all help to come to a better understanding of the truths.

My personalities and I have discussed this, and we think it's best if you don't know. :p

Ole WV Coot
03-27-2008, 11:06 AM
If everybody agreed with me it would scare the dickens out of me !!! If even one person agreed I would have the big one, or fly on the roof and crow like a rooster.

trax
03-27-2008, 11:11 AM
If everybody agreed with me it would scare the dickens out of me !!! If even one person agreed I would have the big one, or fly on the roof and crow like a rooster.

OK Coot! We have it in writing! I've agreed with you several times, get up there and commence to crowin'! Someone get a vidoe camera , this is youtube material for sure.:D

Stony
03-27-2008, 01:44 PM
let us agree that we dis-agree.
i think this forum is hijacked by a few individuals who are (for some reason or other)
think that a guy in the city is inverior than a guy from the country.
(i wont mention any handles, as we all know who they are).
i joined this forum bec. of the lack of gun-totingnutcases waiting eagerly for the world to end; also i see a few canadians here (which is rare).
before you fly off the handle (pun intended; and tell me to get lost:
don't bother, i come and go as i please.

nell67
03-27-2008, 01:49 PM
i think this forum is hijacked by a few individuals who are (for some reason or other)
i joined this forum bec. of the lack of gun-totingnutcases waiting eagerly for the world to end; also i see a few canadians here (which is rare).

Stony,

WHAT is your problem???

BraggSurvivor
03-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Attack...attack!

Cool, I haven't posted from my cell phone before.

beerrunner13
03-27-2008, 02:02 PM

Dude bong water and bus fumes are bad for you, clear your head. Get out in the woods and breath deeply.

crashdive123
03-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Relax everybody. Seems like just a reincarnation of bat splat trying to yank your chain.

Rick
03-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Stony -

1. Let us agree that we disagree on what? You've never stated a position on anything yet. The only thing I've ever asked of you is to post your sources for some of your posts, which you never have.

2. No one has said city folks are inferior and no, I don't know who they are. Substantiate your claim.

3. You only come and go as you please so long as you aren't a disruption to the forum, which you are trying very hard to be. Then you just go, you don't get to come and play in our sandbox anymore. And we're such a fun group.

I'm up for sand castles. Someone hand me a shovel.

trax
03-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Hey Stoner!

I'm a gun-toting nutcase, but I'm not waiting for the world to end so do you need a new category for people like me? Am I a hijacker? (damn Canuckistanian terrorist forum hijackers, we're popping up everywhere) My list of what I care about what you think or have to say just got to be as long as the list of things I like about you! Wanna see the list? It fills up the rest of this post, too.

BraggSurvivor
03-27-2008, 04:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/Bructer/lurker.gif

beerrunner13
03-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Bat Cat seemed a lot smarter. Seems like the only one that hi jacked this thread was the stoned man, let's get back to wild critters and cease the troll talk.

trax
03-27-2008, 05:03 PM
I was thinking it could be good ol' Otay, he didn't seem too terribly bright. Actually, I'd forgotten the name but Nell reminded me (thank you darlin') but I think it's funny for all the disagreements we tend to have as a group, when a booby-hatch like that comes along we tend to find common ground. LOL

Tony uk
03-27-2008, 05:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/Bructer/lurker.gif

Is that butter popcorn ?

beerrunner13
03-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Trax I was thinking the same thing on both counts. I think it was the baby eagles that did him in with me, but some of the other remarks reek of another poster.

canid
03-27-2008, 09:20 PM
stoney: there's a phrase to describe those few individuals you're referring to; the regular posters in this forum. and before you keep posting your complaining, don't bother [or do], we come and go as we please aswell.

marberry
04-02-2008, 05:09 PM
the mod's on this sight should take more liberties in IP banning people who dont contribute anything to the forum and only flame when they do choose to post...

canid
04-02-2008, 06:53 PM
do we actually have anybody like that? i mean we've got a couple mostly harmless trolls but that's not half as bad as it could be and what forum doesn't?

Alpine_Sapper
04-02-2008, 06:56 PM
the mod's on this sight should take more liberties in IP banning people who dont contribute anything to the forum and only flame when they do choose to post...

lol.

And that does what for DHCP assigned addresses, which is everybody on cable, dial-up, or DSL, unless you specifically requested, and paid for, a static IP?

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

and flame away.

You'd be better off blocking the entire subnet, but then, how much legitimate traffic are you gonna block?

Rick
04-02-2008, 07:24 PM
I just stand on the bridge watching out for the troll. Hang on.....

Stop that! Change that before you post it!

I'm back. Trolls.....sheesh.

canid
04-02-2008, 11:44 PM
i'd just DoS the jack@# and whatever proxies he might try to use. guess that's why i'm not a mod.

failing that, it's not all that hard to get a cable/adsl service user's account revoked for abuse.

Alpine_Sapper
04-03-2008, 12:09 AM
i'd just DoS the jack@# and whatever proxies he might try to use. guess that's why i'm not a mod.

failing that, it's not all that hard to get a cable/adsl service user's account revoked for abuse.

lol. yeah, DDoS would work, if you've got the botnet in reserve...:p Most provider's can handle the amount of upstream bandwidth one user can push unless you've got some serious throughput from your ISP. But getting an account revoked for abuse typically requires violating the ISP's AUP, not just a forum's, and you stand a better chance of getting yourself null routed DOS'ing someone. Harassment, sure, but just generally being a troll isn't really going to do that.

Of course, depending on the ISP's inbound ACL policy and the results of the users port scan and OS version detection output from nMap, you can always just add them to the botnet. :) Most of those clowns are running XP with some whack bloatware firewall like McAffee, thinking that proxy is going to hide them.

Squid will fall over like just about anything else.

But hey, wadda I know about sapping, eh? :eek:

canid
04-03-2008, 12:14 AM
who would want to DoS somebody from their own machine anyway.

ISPs get pissy with multiple violations and they get tired of sending cease and desist orders in a real hurry. more over, parents of teens get tired of recieving the same :D

and of course the two approaches are sort of mutually exclusive.

yeah, it's sad how many home OS installations run insecure software, even if they keep their OS updates in line.

Alpine_Sapper
04-03-2008, 12:28 AM
who would want to DoS somebody from their own machine anyway.

*shrugs* You'd be amazed.

ISPs get pissy with multiple violations and they get tired of sending cease and desist orders in a real hurry. more over, parents of teens get tired of recieving the same :D

meh. Not any of the ISP's I've had to deal with, but I'm not out on the coast either. In my experience AUP department moves slowly...like a glacier, usually. And that's if they even do anything, but it also depends on the level of malicious activity coming from a user.

The other thing is, that appears to be coming from a college or high school, which means at least a partial T1, if not redundant T3's or greater, depending on the campus. Not usually much a campus NetSec team is going to do unless it's port scanning class A's or the RIAA comes knocking. Jack booted thugs. Anyway....

canid
04-03-2008, 12:59 AM
well i guess the last one i dealt with was frontier in idaho. only provider for an area with a small user base.

Alpine_Sapper
04-03-2008, 08:48 AM
well i guess the last one i dealt with was frontier in idaho. only provider for an area with a small user base.

I can see them being on point with their AUP. Network reputation and all that. Most of what I deal with is major metro ISP's, and they tend to turn a blind eye to the small stuff. To much other stuff to worry with and not enough manpower to get the job done.

Time Warner was pretty smart though. They firewalled their DHCP network segments and setup an traffic monitor. If they detected any type of port scanning or "malicious" activity they null routed all outbound port 80 traffic for 7200 seconds on that IP, and forced you to retain the lease until the end of the null route. Kinda sweet of them. Like saying "we don't really care if you h4x0r something. You just won't be able to surf the web until two hours after you stop." Makes administering a server remotely from home a pain in the azz if you need to do any type of vulnerability testing.

Rick
04-03-2008, 08:59 AM
One of these guys is coming in from Tripe.net out of Amsterdam. The other was AT&T.net.

vagrant
04-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Ignoring all the hijacking on this thread :p I am new here and a city boy too. I have been ghosting this site for over a month before I registered. I think it is both informative and friendly. I've read alot of the threads and can see who is who as far as the character aspect goes lol. IMHO this was and is a good forum to belong to. Otherwise, this city boy wouldn't have stepped foot in someone's else's woods;forest;bush country :D

Rick
04-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Well, the city is just another form of wilderness, isn't it?

beerrunner13
04-03-2008, 04:45 PM
you got that right and it is the scareiest one I have ever been in.

awfoxden
04-03-2008, 05:37 PM
welcom vagrant!

trax, i too am a gun toting nut case, and i'm not waiting for the world to end.

while threads get taken on tangents during the coarse of a discussion this is still a great site and its sad to see a few individuals who only seem to be inflamatory and try to disrupt everyone else. sounds like something a politician would do. the best thing we could do is completely ignor his post and keep right on with the conversation. all though i know this is all but imposible since many of us seem to have similar personalities that almost require us to take the bait and unleash our opinion on someone not deserving of our time and effort. he clearly enjoys making an a$$ out of himself.

just watch. as this thread slows down or gets back to good conversation he will jump back on and post a i told you so or quote a few of the replies. if anyone hijacks threads he clearly is proficiant at it.

crashdive123
04-03-2008, 05:56 PM
City? Wilderness? Yep. Got all of them two legged animals to be aware of.

canid
04-03-2008, 11:07 PM
yeah, i wouldn't put up with any of that, my friends and i do wargames and we pay good money for out net service.

trax
04-04-2008, 12:58 PM
welcom vagrant!

trax, i too am a gun toting nut case, and i'm not waiting for the world to end.

Exactly, why wait when you can Make it happen....:D:D

canid
04-06-2008, 10:11 PM
why not step it up to costco status; be a nut crate.

Justin Case
03-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Relax everybody. Seems like just a reincarnation of bat splat trying to yank your chain.

What is 'Bat Splat" ??

And I agree,, this is a well moderated, informative, friendly, Polite (usually) , stands out above the rest Forum :)

kyratshooter
03-26-2011, 05:37 PM
It's the sound they make when you hut them with the tennis racquet!

At least that was what they sounded like in 2008 when this thread was active!

Justin Case
03-26-2011, 05:48 PM
all unlocked open threads are "Active" ;)