PDA

View Full Version : Black Forest CO Wildfire

Old GI
06-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Colorado is experiencing wildfires again. The one closest to us is the Black Forest fire. Our ranch is just southeast of the area out on the prairie. For those familiar with the area, Black Forest is northeast of Colorado Springs and the fire started just west of the actual forest but once it struck there it was like rocket fuel going up.

We are far enough east with no trees near us so we don't think we will see evacuation. Last night, we accepted about 60 animals (in addition to our 31) from a ranch very near the fire area including llamas, alpacas (some very pregnant), goats and Meremma guard dogs to go with them. We and local folks pitched in and helped move about 100 animals to safety through the night. So far only one missing is a Meremma dog that ran off when the fire approached his home.

welderguy
06-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Stay safe Buddy!!!

2crows
06-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Colorado is experiencing wildfires again. The one closest to us is the Black Forest fire. Our ranch is just southeast of the area out on the prairie.

I used to live near Elizabeth. I hate the idea of such a beautiful area going up in flames. Stay safe!

crashdive123
06-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Stay safe. It is always refreshing, and restores my somewhat jaded view of things when neighbors and communities get together to help each other out.

Highhawk1948
06-12-2013, 07:32 PM
I spent 37 years going all over the country fighting those wildfires. I feel for you. Sounds like you are doing what you can and need to. Good luck.