PDA

View Full Version : What it Comes Down To

Ken
06-08-2013, 10:26 AM
This thread is about survival, because in the end, this is what it comes down to in every tyrannical government and police state: We have the right to do anything we want, including killing you, because we say so.

"The judicial branch, the Obama administration argued, "is ill-suited" to evaluate the myriad "military, intelligence, and foreign policy considerations" that went into the decision to kill the American citizens."

Justice Department: American Citizen Drone Killings Constitutional Because Obama, Holder Said So

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/07/drone-killings-american-citizens_n_3398294.html?ref=topbar

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Qv4RbC0WIGU/TJ-jQEicuzI/AAAAAAAAAU4/VVq8-2lBWXE/s320/Constitution+image+cropped+3.jpg (http://www.wilderness-survival.net/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=yY1d6RfpiG4K4M&tbnid=5Oy2QprDaW2gAM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fllphfreedom.blogspot.com%2F2011%2 F01%2Fwill-american-liberals-now-destroy-our.html&ei=cT6zUc3gNPO24AOouYCoBQ&bvm=bv.47534661,d.dmg&psig=AFQjCNHM_pZsmJJp5S8rz7MPSHlbtwRM5w&ust=1370787527731027)

Rick
06-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Sorry. American citizens or not when you work for the other side you should expect our full wrath. They got what they deserved as far as I'm concerned. I don't agree with the Justice Department's stance that the judicial system can't comprehend the intricacies involved but that doesn't mean the court will side with them nor should they. When things get complicated you just take it a little slower. I do, however, understand why they would take that stance in their brief. Have you never filed BS on behalf of a client (rhetorical question). :whistling:

Ken
06-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Please make no mistake about how I feel about the death of Anwar Al-Aulaqi. The man was a traitor and an enemy combatant. I mourn his death less than that of a maggot.

The issue, as I see it, is that his targeted death was the product of a decision made WITHOUT either legal or Constitutional authority.

None of us would shed a tear if Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was cut down in a barrage of automatic weapons fire during an actual escape attempt. The same would be true if he was dragged onto Boston Common and executed AFTER HE WAS CONVICTED OF MURDER.

There is a reason that the government feels that it can get away with all of the wrongdoing disclosed in the press this week. The reason is that we, collectively as a nation, have shown a willingness to look the other way when the Constitution is violated IF WE ARE HAPPY WITH THE RESULT.

From the very first second that we are willing to do this, we open the door to ever expanding violations of our laws and Constitutional protections. Every exception we allow places our Constitution at greater and greater risk of being ignored and viewed as an antiquated document no longer worthy of adherence or respect.

Ken
06-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Of course, we see Al-Aulaqi as a traitor and enemy combatant (which, in his case, I do believe he was) because our government told us he was.

My question is, will this always be true in the future? How far will this "authority" that the administration has granted itself go before it's abused?

How do you trust any administration or government that attacks its potential political opponents via the IRS?

How do you trust any administration or government that spies on its citizens in violation of the Constitution?

How do you trust any administration or government that says, "who cares about the Constitution?"

How do you trust any administration or government that says, "we're going to punish our enemies and reward our friends?"

How do you trust any administration or government that is spending billions of dollars creating a domestic military force (DHS) while, at the same time, is trying to disarm its citizens?

Am I the only one who feels that something is terribly wrong with the direction our nation is heading in?

rebel
06-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Am I the only one who feels that something is terribly wrong with the direction our nation is heading in?

NO.

The seat belt sign is on.

I've got a feeling things are going to get biblically bad.

SARKY
06-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Ken, how do we trust that this or any administration isn't involved in any of these attacks. Here is why I say this, When we have natural disasters that we have year after year and that the government agencies plan for, it takes them an inordinate amount of time to create a solution to the problem. But, what I have noticed is that with these man made disasters, they have a plan and are implementing it before we can blink. And on top of that, they are ready to pass legislation (where the hell did this legislation come from so quick) that restricts all of us but doesn't actually address the problem. Power corrupts and DC has been corrupt for decades!

Winter
06-08-2013, 12:25 PM
There is a reason that the government feels that it can get away with all of the wrongdoing disclosed in the press this week. The reason is that we, collectively as a nation, have shown a willingness to look the other way when the Constitution is violated IF WE ARE HAPPY WITH THE RESULT.

You should have heard some of my discussions with people after the Boston marathon bombing. I'd say that millions of peoples rights were violated. People would respond with; "Well, who cares, they caught them."

Frustrating.

Ken
06-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Ken, how do we trust that this or any administration isn't involved in any of these attacks.

SARKY, not too many years ago, I would have laughed at a question like that and probably even found it offensive. I still fly our flag with pride, but I no longer trust our government and question every single thing it does or says.

And I'm sure that the NSA already knows that.

Seniorman
06-08-2013, 01:50 PM
With what is going on now in D.C., I am reminded of the "Borg", space aliens who are the continuing antagonists in "Star Trek: Second Generation." Half human, half robots, undefeatable, evil to the core and determined to either enslave or exterminate their enemies: humans and their moral values being their mortal adversaries. I see little difference.

On a non-fiction basis, throughout history, ever since Man began to walk upright, there has been in some Men an unquenchable thirst for raw, visceral, overwhelming power over other Men. That is Human Nature. Since the beginning of Mankind, whether one believes in evolution or six-day creation, Man's Human Nature has never, ever changed.

The only change is Technology.

I love to read history. I am not a scholar, but an interested layman. My profession has to do with observing Human Nature at work in all its various forms and abberations. I can see no difference in the rulers of today and those of yesteryear, and those who seek to have complete and total control over the populace and the world, if you will.

The men who founded our Constitution were brilliant, well read men who were also well acquainted with Human Nature throughout history and the eternal quest by some Men for ultimate power over the people. That is why they created the Constitution and Bill of Rights, to try to combat that quest and ensure individual Rights, Freedom, and Liberty.

Over the past 175 years, the power seekers have been bending and breaking the Constitution in every way they could, to acquire ultimate power and gigantic sums of money. Today, I believe we are in the final struggle that will either bring about a renewal of individual Rights as enumerated in our Constitution, or enslavement. The goal of the power mad "Borgs" in D.C., and many State governments is enslavement: our goal and efforts must be to retain our Rights, Liberty, and Freedom.

Who shall succeed?? It remains to be seen.

S.M.

Ken
06-08-2013, 03:17 PM
With what is going on now in D.C., I am reminded....

Seniorman, that was an outstanding post! :clap:

Solar Geek
06-08-2013, 04:11 PM
The only statement Seniorman left out that is key to us to remember ARE the 2ND AND 3RD sentences of evey BORG encounter.
WE ARE THE BORG
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

But amazingly, Captain Picard and crew always manage to outwit, outrun and even sometimes outgun the BORG. Our path will be similar. But we cannot just let others do for us. As Cast Iron asked, we need to write, call, and then write and call again anyone currently in office and keep voicing politely our dismay. Polite because honey captures more mice, rats, and ants than sour or salty.