PDA

View Full Version : USB rechargeable flashlights

gunaroo
06-03-2013, 01:39 AM
So I am browsing youtube and I found a video of a flashlight with a USB port being submerged under water. The thing was powered by two cr123a batteries or an 18650 battery and you can plug it into a usb port on your computer. Anyone own one? The first thing I thought of was to use the same USB solar charger I have for my GPS and use it to charge the flashlight on an extended backpack or bug out. Removes the need to stock up on CR123a batteries (damn, I just spent a lot of money on those this week :crying: )
This is the flashlight I am looking at Nitecore P25 (http://www.buytacticalflashlights.com/Nitecore-P25). Anyone ever used this light, or one similar with a USB recharging port?

Thanks!

Campnfish
09-18-2013, 06:02 PM
It doesn't look like anybody has answered your question. I use this USB rechargeable head lamp from Backcountry called the Revolt. This thing works like a dream. You can run it on the rechargeable batteries or you can also run it on regular AAA's. I have a little solar charger that I hook it up to during the day, batteries will be fully charged by nightime. Really cool gadget.