PDA

View Full Version : Sea Survival

Tony uk
07-11-2007, 02:38 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows about survival at sea, or could reccomend any books or videos for it

Im going sailing for 2 weeks somewhere in Spain and thought that knowing some stuff is a good idea

Any help would be great, Thanks :)

Sarge47
07-11-2007, 04:31 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows about survival at sea, or could reccomend any books or videos for it

Im going sailing for 2 weeks somewhere in Spain and thought that knowing some stuff is a good idea

Any help would be great, Thanks :)

"Camping & Wilderness survival" by Paul Tawrell has a section on it starting on pg. 85.

Also check out "The Complete Book of Outdoor Survival" by J. Wayne Fears, chapter 16, starting on pg 282. Hope that helps!

Tony uk
07-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks for that, i will have a look into those books

Sarge47
07-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Thanks for that, i will have a look into those books

Check this one out as well; "The Extreme Survival Almanac; Everything You Need to Know to Live Through a Shipwreck, Plane Crash, or Any Crisis Imaginable" by Reid Kincaid. I bought mine through WWW.showmertech.com. It's one big, comprehensive book.

Tony uk
07-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Thanks for that aswell, it sounds like stuff you might need to know one day

Sarge47
07-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks for that aswell, it sounds like stuff you might need to know one day

I mentioned this book on another thread, it even tells you how to land a small aircraft if you would have to & didn't know how.

Tony uk
07-11-2007, 06:23 PM
I have one called The Worst Case Scenario Survival Handbook which has some good stuff in it, like how to jump from a car,escape quicksand.... and stuff that could save your life one day, i recomend it