PDA

View Full Version : A New Milestone!

kyratshooter
04-30-2013, 02:20 PM
I achieved a new milestone on the homestead today. It might seem strange to others or to anyone that has never built a place from scratch with very little money, paying for each item as they went along.

Today I have all matching colors on the utilities in my bathroom!

I have had commode, tub and vanity from the second month living here, but they were a patched together mess with an avocado green tub, white commode and yellow vanity.

Today I installed a new white vanity sink and everything is now a nice bright white and looks like someone put everything in there on purpose!

And it only took 3 1/2 years.

:lookatme:

Oddmott
04-30-2013, 03:09 PM
LOL funny, but so true. Congrats on that little victory. Now.... what's next?
:clown:

natertot
04-30-2013, 03:13 PM
I'd figure you would've made everything avocado green.......

1stimestar
04-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Yay! I DO know what a milestone that is.

Winnie
04-30-2013, 04:36 PM
Crikey! getting all frou-frou in your old age, next you'll be putting up those net curtains your neighbour gave you!

BENESSE
04-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Congrats! You can never go wrong with all white, now you just gotta clean it. :whistling:
I have to admit, though, I kinda like the sound of the old colors better--avocado, yellow & white. Retro funky hip.

randyt
04-30-2013, 07:29 PM
robin egg blue, raspberry red LOL. I'm glad to see members of the forum moving on up. Now to get a outhouse door for the fella in alaska.

crashdive123
04-30-2013, 08:29 PM
I think if I had the view that he did, I'd leave the door off as well.

Rick
04-30-2013, 08:51 PM
Congrats, KY. At our age just getting the porcelain from the truck to the house is an accomplishment.

BENESSE
04-30-2013, 09:19 PM
Congrats, KY. At our age just getting the porcelain from the truck to the house is an accomplishment.

I heard it was aiming straight at the porcelain that was an accomplishment at y'll's age. (Forgot the source)

Rick
04-30-2013, 09:22 PM
Aiming is never a problem. Hitting what you are aiming at is. The problem is it takes three days to get started and three days to get stopped so that's sort of an adventure in and of itself.

kyratshooter
04-30-2013, 09:30 PM
LOL funny, but so true. Congrats on that little victory. Now.... what's next?
:clown:

Well, I just finished painting the back porch, putting new screen on that and lattice work up to waist high. Finished that yesterday.

Did the vanity today, loaded up some trash for a dump run and mowed the yard, killed a rabbit and had supper.

Tomorrow I run the tiller over the planting beds and plant everything. While doing that work I contemplate buying another big trailer that is on sale at Harbor Freight. I just bought and built the small one but have found that I really miss my 4'x8' 3/4 ton load carrying capabilities. $250 is not a bad price if I can stretch the budget to clear it. If I do, that will keep me busy for the weekend.

I have to get all this done because my camping season starts next week. I will be under canvas 16 days out of 31 next month.

crashdive123
04-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Congrats on the progress.

hunter63
05-02-2013, 10:07 AM
I achieved a new milestone on the homestead today. It might seem strange to others or to anyone that has never built a place from scratch with very little money, paying for each item as they went along.

Today I have all matching colors on the utilities in my bathroom!

I have had commode, tub and vanity from the second month living here, but they were a patched together mess with an avocado green tub, white commode and yellow vanity.

Today I installed a new white vanity sink and everything is now a nice bright white and looks like someone put everything in there on purpose!

And it only took 3 1/2 years.

:lookatme:

So now your gonna get all uppity with matching colors?....
LOL, next thing you know you will be doing "window treatments", and "water features".....so the place will have "curb appeal"....and make it "just POP".
DW watches HGTV and speaks "decorator" like that everyonce in a while.........
Congrats....Lots of work.

kyratshooter
05-02-2013, 11:56 AM
"Curb appeal" is out of the question.

No curbs.

Just a transition from pavement to gravel to grass, then everything goes into the 45% grade that is the standard for KY. The back of my 200 foot deep lot is almost 50 feet lower in elevation than the "curb".

Wildthang
05-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Kyrat doin work:smartass:

RALPER
02-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Back in the 1950's I saw black bathroom fixtures. Yuk!

Rick
02-09-2014, 10:32 AM
I'm quite sure I've hung my head in more than one black toilet. Not sure what color it would have been cleaned up but that's another story.

hunter63
02-09-2014, 12:02 PM
I'm quite sure I've hung my head in more than one black toilet. Not sure what color it would have been cleaned up but that's another story.

....Was kinda thinking that....didn't wasn't to say much....still don't.....

randyt
02-09-2014, 12:24 PM
muriatic acid, that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Rick
02-10-2014, 07:57 AM
LOL. I've actually used that before on a hard stain. Kinda funky watching the fog come out of the toilet and knowing you're not the source of it. It must have a very high density because the water coming out of the bottom of the bowl flowed up to the surface. But it does work.

hunter63
02-10-2014, 11:50 AM
muriatic acid, that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Nasty stuff, I used to purchase tank truck full, 3000 ga of both muriatic and sulfuric acid at a time for a wire processing operation......
Will even clean stains off concrete........ to a depth of 1/8" or so.....LOL