PDA

View Full Version : Painting the Homestead

kyratshooter
04-08-2013, 04:59 PM
I built a back porch last year. Actually it is a deck that is roofed and screened in. I had to wait a year before painting it.

It's been a year.

I hate painting!!!!!!!!!:smash::smash::smash:

Anyone with a Tom Sawyer fixation that want to help come on over. I'll make a couple of gallons of tea and put on a pot of beans.

I got the first coat on today. I will let it dry and put on the second coat tomorrow,,,,,if it does not rain!

I do a real good 100 yard paint job.

Not much good up close, but from down the road it looks like I am really accomplishing something!:innocent:

Ken
04-08-2013, 06:14 PM
I hate painting!!!!!!!!!:smash::smash::smash:

It may not be quite as bad if you tried using a brush instead of a hammer.

http://images.clipartof.com/small/1101770-Clipart-Artist-Yellow-Smiley-With-Paint-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg

hunter63
04-08-2013, 07:01 PM
I guess we share that as well, I HATE painting myself......actually hired a couple of guys to stain the cabin.

So, I feel you pain, but I have a flat tire...ah dog has to go to the vet....and ah might rain somewhere.....earth shifting on it axis.....
Sorry man, you on your own....

Rick
04-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Actually, I love painting. I think it's just about the perfect chore. You can see accomplishment right before your eyes. Yeah, I could watch painters all day long.

1stimestar
04-08-2013, 07:33 PM
I like painting too.

crashdive123
04-08-2013, 08:30 PM
I painted the house this past summer. It was really enjoyable for the first five minutes......and when I was done.

COWBOYSURVIVAL
04-09-2013, 05:35 AM
Started painting my little girls bathroom and bedroom last weekend, I know your pain. No progress yesterday, hauled hay for four legged critters and the durn nose cone busted off the old chevy.

BENESSE
04-09-2013, 08:26 AM
I love painting, it's the prep I can't stand. Prep takes longer and it's a PINA but without it you're just asking for trouble later.

finallyME
04-09-2013, 01:39 PM
My wife seems to like painting. So, I just let her do what she wants, as long as I don't have to help (which doesn't always work, of course). She usually gets the kids doing it as well.

Good luck KY! I wish sunshine on you.