PDA

View Full Version : Canada trip

canadabear07
03-25-2013, 06:42 PM
Hello, My dad wants me to go to Canada with him because he has a cabin way back in the woods.(about a 2 hour boat ride) I just keep thinking about what would happen if we got stuck out there. am I just thinking about it too much? :confused:

Thanks.

crashdive123
03-25-2013, 06:50 PM
With the information you have provided there is absolutely no way that any response you get (except for this one) will have any value whatsoever. If you want a meaningful response let us know......
Dad's skill level
your skill level
approximate ages
length of trip
gear and food being carried
info on boat and motor
etc
etc

Old Professor
03-25-2013, 06:57 PM
If you are concerned with being stranded in an emergency, purchase a SPOT Personal Locator beacon. In the event of an emergency, a push of a button sends a sattellite a signal that you need emergency assistance. I have had one for several years, primarly for trips hunting in Canada. It is a subscription service, so you don't have to pay every year if you are not planning on going in harms way. I bought mine about six years ago for a fly in moose hunt. I didn't renew the service contract for several years but just renewed last week in anticipation of a Canadian hunting trip this fall.

Mngravy
03-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Sounds like a awesome time and a great opportunity. As long as you both have the skill sets and take the needed precautions before hand.

kyratshooter
03-26-2013, 10:58 AM
With the information you have provided there is absolutely no way that any response you get (except for this one) will have any value whatsoever. If you want a meaningful response let us know......
Dad's skill level
your skill level
approximate ages
length of trip
gear and food being carried
info on boat and motor
etc
etc

Yep, one post, no introduction, no information. Advisement would bne irresponsible.

And we have people chomping at the bit over the mention of a cabin in the Canadian Woods!

Do I hear Canadian banjo music?

finallyME
03-26-2013, 01:53 PM
Have a great trip!.....unless he isn't suppose to have custody of you. :(

canadabear07
03-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Thanks guys.

birdman6660
03-27-2013, 07:38 PM
OY Canada isnt the end of the world although some parts are very remote ! two hours boat ride is not all that far depending of course on the speed of the boat .. what part of Canada you heading for ?

Phaedrus
03-28-2013, 03:37 AM
Have a great trip!.....unless he isn't suppose to have custody of you. :(

I can't stop laughing!:punk: Thanks, that really made my day!

Ferg
03-28-2013, 08:53 AM
Where at in Canada?

hunter63
03-28-2013, 11:57 AM
I can't stop laughing!:punk: Thanks, that really made my day!

Was kinda thinking the same thing....but just trying to be nice.

Not a lot to go on....

kyratshooter
03-28-2013, 12:05 PM
Folks, if my Dad had decided to take me 2 hours in to the woods into a place only accessible by boat I would have gone into PANIC MODE.

We would have been dead before we got away from the boat dock. If we managed to get onto the water the boat would sink, the motor fall into the lake ad the only freshwater shark in North Americal would be trailing us.

My Dad could not start a fire in the propane grill. To my knowledge he never put gas into his own car. A knife was something you borrowed from some one else and then hurt yourself with, ruined or lost. Fishing was what poor people did when they were hungry and hunting season was the time when you stayed inside where it was safe.

It is a miricle I even want to go into the outdoors after my one and only father/son "camping trip" at age 9. That is a whole other story and not something I want to deal with or talk about without a therapist present.

I do not know what this kids deal is, but if this were MY DAD I would already have my BOB packed and by the bedroom window ready to make my escape until Dad's death of old age, if my Mom could not rattle some sense into his head.

hunter63
03-28-2013, 01:03 PM
So, let me get something straight....some one with no information, gets on a forum on the interweb, doesn't know any one, or anyone know him(her?...don't know?)....and asks a bunch of strangers a question of taking a trip with Dad?
What's up with that?....why not dial up a phone number at random and just ask?

Red flag, red flag, red flag.........trolling?