PDA

View Full Version : AILCE Fastex Buckle Problem

natertot
02-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Okay, Last week I got a new ALICE and it seems like it will make a pretty good bag for me. I am having an issue with the fastex buckle for the waist strap though. I cinch the strap and walk about 15ft and the strap starts becoming loose. The worst part is that I don't even have gear in the bag yet! So has anyone else had this issue? What can be done to correct it?

finallyME
02-22-2013, 10:23 AM
When I had an ALICE, it didn't have a fastex buckle, so I don't know. However, the new MOLLE buckle is amazing. In fact, when I decided to make my own, I bought that same buckle. Here is where I bought mine from. You have to buy at least 4, but they are awesome, and you can put an extra in your pack in case the main ones breaks.

http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=13&ParentCat=30

I guess I should tell you why I like these. They are the only buckle that I have seen that has a locking feature on the straps. It basically locks the straps to a certain position, even when there is no tension on it. I might even switch these out with other packs I have.

Rick
02-22-2013, 11:02 AM
It sounds like the belt might be threaded through the buckle incorrectly. They can be a pain to figure out sometimes. Do a googlefu for a ladder lock buckle. You should come up with a bunch of how to's and youtubies that show you had to thread the belt through. That's what I'd look at first.

natertot
02-22-2013, 09:58 PM
Thanks guys. I played around with the buckle a bit today. I think I got it figured out. It seems that one piece was on backwards so as not to hold the strap properly.

Rick
02-23-2013, 09:49 AM
I don't know who designed the ladder lock buckle but I'd like to give him or her a dozen and make them try to thread the darn things. They go on 20 different ways and only hold one way. I won't even go into the hong with the ladder lock buckle but it was embarrassing.

hunter63
02-24-2013, 01:06 PM
The same diabolical mad scientist designed the battery hold downs on the boat,... the ones down in the well,...... that you have to kneel on a aluminum bulkhead to work on.....Have been changed out with ratchet straps.....
A Pox on who ever.........