PDA

View Full Version : Got this e-mail today

Cast-Iron
02-07-2013, 02:03 PM
I received this email message today from a friend of mine. Source unknown as it was forwarded many times before reaching me. I thought it made a compelling argument for our 2nd Ammendment rights. Sorry if this is old news, but I believe it merits sharing here.......

BUTTE, MONTANA
Shotgun preteen vs. Illegal alien Home Invaders...

Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11-year-old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home.
It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay-shooting champion since she was nine.
Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his
12-gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.
Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the
11-year-old's knee-crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals.
When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death
before medical help could arrive.
It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45-caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David 0'Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest.
Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news........?
An 11 year old girl, properly trained, defended her home and herself......against two murderous, illegal immigrants.......and she wins,
She is still alive.
Now THAT is Gun Control!

welderguy
02-07-2013, 02:09 PM
I wish there were 20 stories like this a day

Wildthang
02-07-2013, 02:44 PM
Good story! The NRA magazine Rifleman has several of those kind of stories in every edition. That little girl deserves a medal!

Old GI
02-07-2013, 02:49 PM
I wish there were 20 stories like this a day

I believe there are at least that many; you just don't hear about them.

1stimestar
02-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Clap clap clap.

welderguy
02-07-2013, 03:18 PM
I believe there are at least that many; you just don't hear about them.

Thats probably very true.

Rick
02-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Unfortunately, this one isn't true.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/homeinvasion.asp

These are however:

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen.aspx

BENESSE
02-07-2013, 07:22 PM
That's a great story.
NRA has a shtload of money, enough to run infomercials on prime time of true topical, newsworthy stories just like that one and many more. They have taken the wrong approach to winning the hearts and minds of "non-believers". IMHO.

welderguy
02-07-2013, 07:33 PM
That's a great story.
NRA has a shtload of money, enough to run infomercials on prime time of true topical, newsworthy stories just like that one and many more. They have taken the wrong approach to winning the hearts and minds of "non-believers". IMHO.

That is a super idea, You ever send that Idea to the NRA?

GreatUsername
02-07-2013, 10:39 PM
You might run up against the "tasers work just as well as guns" crowd though...

Still, these stories can and do convince some people, just not all.

Eastree
02-07-2013, 11:41 PM
You might run up against the "tasers work just as well as guns" crowd though...

Still, these stories can and do convince some people, just not all.

What about the "Some folks are too high to feel tasers" and "Some people growl off the pain and keep attacking" camp?

Cast-Iron
02-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Mea Culpa. I obviously didn't do any due diligence to verify the truthfulness of this article. Sorry, I never intended to pass on inaccurate information. Like I said, it was an e-mail from a friend (whom I still trust). I thought it was a compelling story truthful or not. Besides I've got a life and don't have the time or inclination to independently verify everything I receive as an e-mail. If I get another story I find as compelling, truthful or not, I'd post it here too and leave it to others to determine its origins and authenticity if they're so inclined.

Mozartghost1791
02-08-2013, 02:36 PM
What about the "Some folks are too high to feel tasers" and "Some people growl off the pain and keep attacking" camp?

You can also 'sweep' a blast from a taser. (hold your arms up in the 'I surrender' position and when they shoot you in the chest, the rigid muscles bring your arms down over the wires, breaking the circuit and putting you back in the game (heard this from a former trainer of the Marines)). You can't sweep a blast from a gun.

canid
02-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Sounds like BS as a tactic, and a one in a thousand as an explanation. we're not talking about taught wires. They are fairly long and come out as a loose coil. If you could manage to wrap your arm around them (thus getting them wrapped around your arm to provide more friction) then it might work. I wouldn't count on pulling that off in such a condition.

natertot
02-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Tazers can't be swept off like described. Also, the police tazers work better on people on drugs then firearms do. It is because drugs can over run the pain from a gunshot, but the tazer pulses the current through your muscles at the same rate your synapses travel and thus confuses the muscle comunication. That is what causes people struck with tazers to stiffen up and then drop. The messages from the brain to the muscles are essentially scrambled and drugs can't overcome that obstacle. I'm not sure about civilian tazers though.

The biggest flaw with the tazer is getting the probes to attach to the person. A person in motion can have the probes pull out. Also, bulky clothing especially winter coats stop the probes, and objects in pockets such as wallets, phones and change can do the same. That is why police use the tazer for situations that do not warrant or covered by deadly force.

crashdive123
02-08-2013, 11:22 PM
....... A person in motion can have the probes pull out. ......

You could always shoot them first to prevent that.:whistling:

BENESSE
02-08-2013, 11:25 PM
You could always shoot them first to prevent that.:whistling:

Or stab them, as the case may be.

Rick
02-09-2013, 10:29 AM
You can also 'sweep' a blast from a taser.

I will probably be too busy screaming like a girl and wetting my pants to remember this move.

hunter63
02-09-2013, 01:36 PM
So, at the 'end of the day" what have we learned?.......BS will always win out?

canid
02-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Not always, just often enough to be worth selling.