PDA

View Full Version : Dollar Store Survival Items Video

Wingman
01-25-2013, 10:22 PM
In this video I share some great value items that you can purchase at the Dollar Store to put in your BOB or Survival Kit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ierpzJeyeY

Sarge47
01-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Not bad, of course my wife figured all of that out sometime back. I was surprised that you didn't add the fact that the Sanitizer gel could also be used as a fire starter as it's mostly alcohol. At one point our local dollar store sold 3 packs of 2 to a pack of name brand pain relievers like "Extra Strength Excedrin." Perfect ready-made packaging for 1st aid kits! You have to shop regularly however as their inventory changes from time to time! :1:

welderguy
01-25-2013, 10:46 PM
I love dollar tree!! I think there is a thread about that around here someplace. when ever i get steel wool i also grab a pack of 9 volts too.

Delta 5168
01-25-2013, 10:50 PM
Good barter items there, too, WM!

Wingman
01-25-2013, 11:03 PM
Not bad, of course my wife figured all of that out sometime back. I was surprised that you didn't add the fact that the Sanitizer gel could also be used as a fire starter as it's mostly alcohol. At one point our local dollar store sold 3 packs of 2 to a pack of name brand pain relievers like "Extra Strength Excedrin." Perfect ready-made packaging for 1st aid kits! You have to shop regularly however as their inventory changes from time to time! :1:

Your right about the sanitizer. I cruise by the store once or twice a month to see what new items are in stock.

pete lynch
01-26-2013, 06:43 AM
I bought a month's worth of 5-hour candles at dollar tree.