PDA

View Full Version : Nascar

crehberg
03-14-2008, 08:03 AM
Does anybody watch NASCAR? If you do...who do you pull for. I'm a big Robby Gordon fan. I also like Michael Waltrip, Brian Vickers, and Travis Kvapil.

beerrunner13
03-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Every week if we are home Tony Stewert and Carl Edwards and ya gotta like Mark Martin

Beo
03-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Don't do Nascar, driving 500 miles, or 250 miles and going nowhere seems kinda off to me, and with only making left hand turns.... not a big sport for me.
But Jeff Gordon rules:D

BraggSurvivor
03-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Are they hockey players? Never heard of em.

Beo
03-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Best way to watch is turn it on about 10 minutes for its over and see who wins the race, other than that I got too much to do then sitting on the couch for 3 or 4 hours, like practicing my skills.

crashdive123
03-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Best way to watch is turn it on about 10 minutes for its over and see who wins the race, other than that I got too much to do then sitting on the couch for 3 or 4 hours, like practicing my skills.

Yeah but.....every now and then it's fun to brush up on those couch potato skills.:D

Rick
03-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Learning the various skills and positions of the couch is just one more survival skill that MUST be learned. It's as integral a piece of urban survival as understanding how to use a remote in the dark. I actually do in the dark, timed drills to ensure I can find the volume, channel, and mute buttons without having to think about it. It should be as natural a reflex as opening a beer can with one hand. SURVIVAL skills, people. Be prepared in all ways.

Beo
03-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Commericals are pit stops for my tummy:D

crashdive123
03-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Commericals are pit stops for my tummy:D

*commercial starts* Beo races to kitchen..........uh oh.......penalized two strips of bacon for cutting off Trooper on pit row.

nell67
03-14-2008, 03:12 PM
I watch every now and then, I like Jeff Burton,or Mark Martin

Beo
03-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Watching Nascar, Baseball, Golf, Tennis, WWE Wrestling, and Ping Pong, is like watching paint dry on the walls. I'm asleep in 10 minutes. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.... oh where was I.. yeah like watching paint dry.

BraggSurvivor
03-14-2008, 03:49 PM
What about UFC Beo, does that turn your crank?

Rick
03-14-2008, 04:01 PM
I don't need to watch NASCAR. I drive on 16th street waving suite tickets when the Indy 500 is getting ready to start. You have to be a man's man to do that.

wareagle69
03-15-2008, 06:36 AM
What about UFC Beo, does that turn your crank?

and how long have you been a fan?

as for nascar i'm a jack roush and joe gibbs fan with tony and matt being my two favoirtes

crehberg
03-15-2008, 12:23 PM

as for nascar i'm a jack roush and joe gibbs fan with tony and matt being my two favoirtes

Is it really necessary for EVERYONE to be a Tony Stewart fan? I don't like the guy.....he seems to think he is "God's gift to the world". In fact...that reminds me of another one I don't like.......Dale Jr.:D:D:D:D But...I do like Kyle Busch.:p:p:p:):):D:D

BraggSurvivor
03-15-2008, 01:04 PM

Ive watched the UFC since the beginning but a diehard for about 4 years. A fanatic in the last year or so since my young cousin won the welterwieght championship.

Alpine_Sapper
03-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Ive watched the UFC since the beginning but a diehard for about 4 years. A fanatic in the last year or so since my young cousin won the welterwieght championship.

I'm still a fan of UFC, and while I understand why the rules that were put in place were put in place, and as a fighter can't disagree, it's just not the same as it was back when it first started. It was truly a "NHB" contest at that point. Sure, there were more injuries, but it was a lot more exciting to watch. Then as jujitsu caught on it got REALLY boring. watching two guys spend 15 minutes in the guard position was like watching grass grow. I started watching it again when they started standing them up if there was a lull in the action.

And then Frank Shamrock came back on showtime's MMA competition. Got disqualified for elbows to the head of a downed Renzo Gracie. Frank's comment: "*shrug* I thought we came here to fight..." I love it.

Props to your cousin. that's not an easy feat by any means. Is he going to stay UFC, or has he thought about moving into international competitions like K1?

BraggSurvivor
03-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Right now he is "interm" champion until he kicks the crap out of that mouth piece Matt Serra. (although I liked Serra as coach on Ultimate Fighter) I just think George wants to get his belt back.

Rick
03-15-2008, 03:10 PM
I have a neighbor that does that in the heavy weight division. He's fought all over the country and overseas a couple of times. I have no clue how good he is (I don't follow it) but he seems to make a decent living at it.

crashdive123
03-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Bragg - I for one am rooting for George. That loud mouth Serra drives me crazy. After George kicks his butt, I'd love to see Matt Hughes do the same. Congrats to your cousin on a real nice fight.

Alpine_Sapper
03-15-2008, 03:19 PM
I have a neighbor that does that in the heavy weight division. He's fought all over the country and overseas a couple of times. I have no clue how good he is (I don't follow it) but he seems to make a decent living at it.

that's not easy. Fights around here net you about $200/fight when you start out, depending on what organization you're in. As your ranked wins and popularity grow you get more $, but still, you can imagine how many fights you gotta fight to pay your rent/bills and buy groceries that way.

BraggSurvivor
03-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Bragg - I for one am rooting for George. That loud mouth Serra drives me crazy. After George kicks his butt, I'd love to see Matt Hughes do the same. Congrats to your cousin on a real nice fight.

He's got to beat him first. We all know it only takes one punch to end it, as we seen in the first St. Pierre vs Serra fight. It wont be like that next month. (i hope :()

wareagle69
03-15-2008, 06:42 PM
really you're gsp cousin eh? well next time you talk to him ask him about wareagle see what he has to say...

NavyENC
03-16-2008, 02:44 AM
I quit watching NASCAR when they let the RICE BURNERS in.

Rick
03-16-2008, 06:14 AM
Rice burners? And what, pray tell, isn't these days?

wareagle69
03-16-2008, 08:20 AM
funny what ever tony drives he turns to gold the best race car driver ever period but that young kyle is earning some points in my book also

nell67
03-16-2008, 08:22 AM
Tony is a good driver,just cant stand his attitude,he is from Columbus Indiana,about 35 miles from me.