PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Holsters for Emergency Gear

Faiaoga
01-02-2013, 08:33 AM
I hope I am not repeating ideas already provided, but I recently found a useful way to carry emergency supplies. A local dollar store had a number of nylon cell phone holsters for $2.00 each; they zipper shut, have belt loops and are in different colors. Each one is 110mm x 70mm x 30 mm, big enough for a cell phone.

They are also big enough to hold two of the famous Altoids tins, which people sometimes use as survival kit containers. Because the cell phone holsters can be purchased in various colors, pouches for different purposes could be identified. Because I am strictly a civilian, I have no reason to wear a pistol belt or some other gear easily identified as "survivalist". These inexpensive cell phone holsters will proably serve my purposes.
Faiaoga

BornthatWay
01-02-2013, 02:14 PM
You do have a good idea there.

Echo2
01-02-2013, 02:35 PM
I have one strapped to the front of my BK7 sheath...they work well.

Some of the ones for smart phones will hold a Pelican memory card case perfectly.....and the are short term submersible.

hunter63
01-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Good find,....those little pouches are handy for a lot of items....one of those things I can't seem to stay away from at any kind of store, especially when they are a "deal".
Buy them when you see them, figure out what to use them for later.

jarhead
01-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Good Idea, Never thought about that. Gonna get me some.

Wildthang
01-07-2013, 07:05 AM
I use a cheap ammo pouch that I got from Amazon. It cost around 10 bucks, and it will hold most of the essentials. I have an emergency blanket, multi tool, waterproof matches, lighter, zip lock bag for water, a peice of beef jerky, and a few other things in it. I call it my mini bob!