PDA

View Full Version : coni traps for coons succesful in the snow!

Sportsman296
12-31-2012, 12:51 PM
So my pole barn is infront of the woods i hunt/ trap and when it rains or snows coons use the old groundhog holes to gain access to the inside. (Pebble floors) no concrete so measy access to the hay, tractors.etc}
So i put a few conibears at the 2 holes and caught 3 coons already (theve been set for 2 days 3 nights) since its been snowing and raining. :thumbup1:
Also i didn't use bait or anything just used there trails, like when snaring.

wareagle69
12-31-2012, 02:03 PM
Are you using 220 or the 330?

Sportsman296
12-31-2012, 02:38 PM
Are you using 220 or the 330?

im using the 220

Sportsman296
12-31-2012, 04:45 PM
Also i forgot to mention i put a little wooden bracket/ tunnel (ill try to put up a pic, its like a box trap but it acts as more of a tunnel so dogs and bigger animals can't access it but coons can , also it's coyote proof so i don't lose my prey) around it so dogs.etc cant get in it since this is at my dads in Michigan and 220's arent legal in ohio were my mom lives. I'm posting this so people don't say i'm breaking the law because i'm not because in MI you can use 220's in a box set or in water[/SIZE], also my uncles friend is the game warden for the county my dad lives in and he looked at it and said it was legal :lol: because no dogs.etc could enter the trap which is the law in MI. So after this if you say anything about legality your :offtopic: because it was already adressed.

crashdive123
12-31-2012, 04:50 PM
And if anybody brings trapping without a license - looks like you're covered too.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10363_10880-174605--,00.html

Looking forward to your pictures.

randyt
12-31-2012, 06:12 PM
I use 5 gallon bucket sets here in michigan for coon. Basically they are a bucket with slots cut in the sides to support the 220 conibear springs and then a 6 inch hole is cut into the lid. The bucket is laid on its side and bait is thrown in behind the conibear and the lid put on. These are suppose to be dog proof. I cut my teeth on footholds back when I was a wee lad and only recently started getting serious about using conibears. I used a few back then but preferred footholds and snares.

Sportsman296
12-31-2012, 11:45 PM
Camera soaked in pond great. Not the best idea to ride the 4 wheeler over the pond to get to the pole barn... at least i managed to get the 4 wheeler out.lol
good excuse for a better camera. hehee

Sportsman296
12-31-2012, 11:50 PM
Also the ice was only 3 inch thick in the middle (pond) went on the rocks at the bank and split the ice and plopped right in the 4 wheeler only submurged 2-3 feet ,got that out, can't find the camera though( Ohh no i needed it for school thurs), got an ear full from the mom too, also i have my lisence even though on private land and there damaging the foundation.

Sportsman296
12-31-2012, 11:54 PM
Also since i was at my dads to explain it was my camera i use for school projects and photography ( animals and land scapes, sea scapes.etc) that my mom got me since i needed one for 7th grade projects for science so she bought me my own camera to take anywhere instead of taking hers. Being at my dads probably didnt help either. :surrender: