PDA

View Full Version : Overheard conversation...

1stimestar
12-27-2012, 06:42 PM
My son was having his best friend spend the night and they were up stairs when I over heard this conversation. It was pretty funny. The background is that for the last month Jordan has had to haul all the water into the house. It's just 10 steps up to the deck but it is pretty steep. Normally I just make him help me do it. But I threw my neck out a while back and it took 3 visits to the chiropractor and a month of pain before it got back to normal. So I had told him he was just going to have to do it all now. It's up to him. No reason I've been feeding this human garbage disposal for 14 years other then to bring in my water! He's been taller then me since he was 11. I don't think he is quite 6' yet and he has slowed down on his growing, but you get the picture, big strapping boy! He is also homeschooled so has his own schedule. I'll come home from work and have to wake him up to bring in the water. With our temps, the water can not be left in the truck till he wakes up or it will freeze. Anyways, I've been bragging about him to mother in law ect. as we all know that positive reinforcment works.

He was telling his friend "I have to do it ALL now, every single bit of water that comes into this house is because of me."
Friend: Wow that's a lot of water.
Jordan: Not really, we don't use it the same way as you guys who have running water does.
Friend: How much do those jugs weigh?
Jordan: I don't know, a LOT. But I can do it in half the time my mom can do it! (Yay, he gets it.)
Friend: Yea probably, you're a lot bigger.
Jordan: But she even WAKES ME UP to bring in water. What does a man have to do to get a NAP around this place! (*full of rightous indignation).

Hahhaha maybe you had to be there but I cracked up.

hunter63
12-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Don't ya love them dealing with absolutes, as in ALL the water.......Always, never....LOL
That was funny.

Echo2
12-27-2012, 09:00 PM
LOL.....:)....My son is rapidly developing that mindset......yea.

crashdive123
12-27-2012, 11:12 PM
I love the
What does a man have to do to get a NAP around this place! line.

Echo2
12-27-2012, 11:45 PM
I love the line.

I've wanted a nap for the last 13 years....funny....my oldest is 13.

kyratshooter
12-28-2012, 12:41 AM
Tell him there will always be time for sleep, eventually,

http://www.cmt.com/videos/jason-michael-carroll/229796/i-can-sleep-when-im-dead.jhtml

Winnie
12-28-2012, 06:19 AM
Another F.A.R.T apprentice in the making!

crashdive123
12-28-2012, 07:55 AM
I've wanted a nap for the last 13 years....funny....my oldest is 13.

What a coincidence. http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/crashdive123/Forum%20Fun/Laugh.gif

Pal334
12-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Yes indeed,, he is already skilled in the manly art of naps:) Any consolation, they come out of that state eventually:)

crashdive123
12-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Yeah but they eventually revert back to them later in life.

1stimestar
12-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Yes indeed,, he is already skilled in the manly art of naps:) Any consolation, they come out of that state eventually:)

Yes, I thought it was funny because he is so "in the middle" right now. He's proud of his job, he "gets" it that he is needed, but he still really wants to complain about it.

Yves
12-28-2012, 02:49 PM
I would have looked at my dad, raised my eye brows and built a pedal-powered pump :) .

hunter63
12-28-2012, 03:23 PM
They always complain about a job.....even if the don't mind it......
Had a riding dishwasher for a while.....ride DD long enough and she would do the dishes........

Pal334
12-29-2012, 09:57 AM
Yes, I thought it was funny because he is so "in the middle" right now. He's proud of his job, he "gets" it that he is needed, but he still really wants to complain about it.

You can be proud of your "Man--Boy" he is "getting it"

jfeatherjohn
12-29-2012, 02:52 PM
My oldest is 35, and if anything, he's more difficult.
He is really good with his money, he works hard and he is sensitve.
So I will not complain.