PDA

View Full Version : Get your X

rebel
03-13-2008, 02:18 PM
I had an idea. With the great information and experience available on this forum could we not have a weekly, bimonthly, monthly expert instruct making each tool for survival. Such as, Beo and fire making. FVR knapping and bow making. We could post pictures of the items. Tell of our experiences making them. Compare notes so to speak. Perhaps in our cp there would be a list of items and you could place an "X" in the block for completion of that item.

wareagle69
03-13-2008, 02:32 PM
sarge take it away

Sarge47
03-13-2008, 02:33 PM
I had an idea. With the great information and experience available on this forum could we not have a weekly, bimonthly, monthly expert instruct making each tool for survival. Such as, Beo and fire making. FVR knapping and bow making. We could post pictures of the items. Tell of our experiences making them. Compare notes so to speak. Perhaps in our cp there would be a list of items and you could place an "X" in the block for completion of that item.

Awhile back Chris offered a fee that he would pay for digital videos on the very things that you mentioned, but I don't know that anybody stepped up with anything. Also, I keep asking some of these celebrity Survival people if they could stop by once in awhile and help us out, but no takers yet. Ranger Rick just plugged his Survival Necklace while dissing all of us in the same breath and told us that skiing in the Alps was more important to him. Cody Lundin declined as he hates being indoors at all, especially "chained" to a desk in front of his Computer, but I won't give up!:cool:

Beo
03-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah, never quit Sarge, wear them down.

rebel
03-13-2008, 05:41 PM
#1 find a candidate for your spear.

rebel
03-13-2008, 05:42 PM
#2 trim off branches.

rebel
03-13-2008, 05:43 PM
# 3 saw in middle about 8 inches.

rebel
03-13-2008, 05:46 PM
# 4 tie or wire to keep from splitting.

rebel
03-13-2008, 05:48 PM
#6 wedge a stick in the jaws so you can work.

rebel
03-13-2008, 05:51 PM
#7 cut the notches on the inside of the jaws.
also ream holes for the spreader stick.

rebel
03-13-2008, 05:54 PM
#8 wire or tie the jaws closer towards the opening. cut the spreader wood to hold the jaws open. temper / dry over fire.

rebel
03-13-2008, 05:56 PM
#9 finished product.

rebel
03-13-2008, 05:58 PM
#5 ??? Where did you go??

rebel
03-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Oh well. I'm not the expert. Just seeing if this would be effective.

Ridge Wolf
03-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Awhile back Chris offered a fee that he would pay for digital videos on the very things that you mentioned, but I don't know that anybody stepped up with anything. Also, I keep asking some of these celebrity Survival people if they could stop by once in awhile and help us out, but no takers yet. Ranger Rick just plugged his Survival Necklace while dissing all of us in the same breath and told us that skiing in the Alps was more important to him. Cody Lundin declined as he hates being indoors at all, especially "chained" to a desk in front of his Computer, but I won't give up!:cool:

Oprah is doing a thing during the evenings about a book in her book club... 'giving lessons' I think... she is doing it online and probably via one of the messengers... and world wide. We could do something similar... and we don't have the size of audience that she is catering to with this online realtime chat with her book club.. Might get Bear Grylls or 'survivorman - Les Stroud' to do something like that.. but I don't know how many of you feel about either one of those two... Just a thought.