PDA

View Full Version : Build your own first aid kit

rebel
12-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Here's a good idea from a supplier. You can order the kit contents and build your own first aid kit.

http://beprepared.com/quickshoplist.asp_Q_c_E_964_A_name_E_Build%20Your% 20Own%20First%20Aid%20Kit

hunter63
12-08-2012, 12:23 PM
I saved that site, mostly for the "added on stuff", Thanks for posting.

Seems a lot of the prepackaged one are really big on tiny little bandaids, so as to fill in the "300 piece" count.

If I made my own, I would end up spending $100 bucks and weigh 30#....LOL

jfeatherjohn
12-08-2012, 12:38 PM
The prices are pretty reasonable. I wonder what their shipping costs are like.
I have also saved this site bacause replacing within a kit is difficult and expensive.
Thanks for sharing this one.

Sarge47
12-08-2012, 05:29 PM
The prices are pretty reasonable. I wonder what their shipping costs are like.
I have also saved this site bacause replacing within a kit is difficult and expensive.
Thanks for sharing this one.

My wife and I order from Emergency Essentials(the company who owns the "Be Prepared" web-site) constantly. They also are a sponsor on our site here, and their ads show up in banner-form at the top of the page every so often. One will probably pop up as soon as I post this! every so often. Their shipping rates are pretty reasonable and we always fill our order out to make it pay! :thumbup1:

finallyME
01-11-2013, 02:01 PM
I have bought first aid stuff from them before. It is usually something I can't find elsewhere. Of course, I just walk into the store, no shipping.

Mars13
04-14-2013, 09:26 AM
i just made my own put in simple mateerials like a knife antibiotic ointment bandages fire starter 5 MRE wrap(in case of broken bones) and then a 15foot long rope

welderguy
04-14-2013, 09:40 AM
i just made my own put in simple materials like a knife antibiotic ointment bandages fire starter 5 MRE wrap(in case of broken bones) and then a 15 foot long rope

Hi Mars13, check out this section, and tell us about yourself!!!! http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?14-Introductions

Wildthang
04-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Between our medicine cabinet and the local pharmacy, I easily found everything I wanted for my first aid kit. I do not carry a huge first aid kit because I would rather save the space for other stuff. I have seen some people with enough first aid supplys in their backpack to start a triage compound. I figure if you can treat a cut or a burn, and stop a large bleed, you probably have enough.
I do carry some very potent pain pills so if I ever get a large wound or break, I can kill the pain long enough to get back to civilization or repair the wound as much as possible.

Rick
04-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Analgesics walk a fine line between taking the edge off of pain and allowing you do still do the things you might have to do with a broken limb or other major injury. At least until help arrives. You might have to splint your own limb, build a fire or even purify water to make it through the night, for example, until help can find you. I would urge you to know how much pain your particular "pill" will stem and what side effects, if any, it might have. If you already know that then cudos to you. A pill that knocks you out would be good if others are with you. They could take care of you. Not so hot if you are alone and need to do some of the things I listed.

Wildthang
04-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Just pain and will not knock me out.

welderguy
04-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Something else to keep in mind, If you carry prescription meds, or Narcotics in your bag, MAKE sure you have a copy of the script, or better yet ask your pharmacist to split your script into two bottles and label each one. As for Narcotics, You better have proof of who you are and who your medical Director is.