PDA

View Full Version : Pack Your Bags!

Tootsiepop254
12-01-2012, 11:58 AM
There are a million threads (and as many opinions) on what to put into your bag, now I'm wondering where do you put it?

How do you fellas organize your packs? Weight distribution (are all the heavy things on the bottom), convenience, where do you pack your water (do you have canteen/bottles, or do you use a bladder), ect.

pete lynch
12-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Light at the bottom.
Heavy on top of that.
Most used items on top of that.
I carry water in a 32oz powerade bottle. Also a GI bladder canteen.

Knight of Disorder
12-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Right now, I'm using four one liter bottles for water. Got my sleeping bag and a change of clothes in the sleeper compartment, items that I don't need to get to quickly in the bottom, got most of the heavy and cooking gear in the middle, then the quick need on top. First aide kit, spare clips for reloading mags, a few other things. The outside it still a little chaotic, I'm still working on the best layout for my add-ons. It's a little heavy on one side because that's where all my water is, I gotta level it out with the long pouch on the other side. Still a little unsure of what to use that one for. Maybe some extra rain gear, since when it rains here it literally pours.

crashdive123
12-01-2012, 07:38 PM
There are a million threads (and as many opinions) on what to put into your bag, now I'm wondering where do you put it?

How do you fellas organize your packs? Weight distribution (are all the heavy things on the bottom), convenience, where do you pack your water (do you have canteen/bottles, or do you use a bladder), ect.

My preferred method is - things I won't use until I set up camp for the night at the bottom, sleeping bag being at the very bottom ---- then heavier items on top of that load with the heaviest closest to the pack frame. Use of bladder depends on climate for me. Here, when it's hot, I use a bladder and bottles. I may skip the bladder if the weather is cooler but add another canteen. Depending on water availability along the way I may leave that extra canteen empty until stopping for the day.

ElevenBravo
12-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Same here, least used bottom, etc.. etc..