PDA

View Full Version : Calling ECHO2: Your impression of the HPG bag...

ElevenBravo
11-24-2012, 03:29 PM
I met up with Echo2 the other day and showed off my Hill People Gear jogger's bag, the smaller version of the kit bag.

I wanted this particular bag mostly for the CCW option. Theres not much room for dittys and the like in the front pouch, but thats the way I wanted it. Slim and out of the way for comfort and the ability to wear while working, resting/sleeping in the hammock, sleeping inside a bag, etc.. etc.. The ability to have your weapon on person at all times.

http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/tabid/762/ctl/ProductDetails/mid/1916/ProductID/22/Default.aspx

I wanted him to post HIS opinion of the bag so as to follow up with my impressions. I honesty feel this is the BEST outdoors (read: not tactical!) CCW chest bag/holster.

Andrew

Echo2
11-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Hey man...just fixing a water issue at the house......

It's a pretty good bag....construction is good....double stitching. I can see where the retention would be superb....as it sits right on your chest.

It did "print" a bit....I knew as soon as he walked in that there was a firearm in there. This could easily be remedied by placing a thin piece of foam in the exterior of the pouch. Most folks don't look for that though. We did try my full size Glock with a M6 light/laser combo in it....it fit fine.

There is some velcro in back...that would hold a loop holster. It's not REALLY necessary....but I'd want it more secure than gravity. but even his compact XD could only move so far.

As far as not drawing attention....it's a toss up....Me, I'd look at it as a tactical chest rig....but if you had a "Bass Pro" patch on it....and maybe a couple hooks....some folks would think it just a tackle kit. On a trail or camp site...no issues at all.

Over all....a solid piece of gear.

ElevenBravo
11-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Note: The XD I had is not a XD compact, but is smaller than some other weapons. Its an XD 4" service model, full size.

That is all...

Oh, the foam in the front pouch is a good idea. Ill give that a try....

As I was telling you when we met, I wanted to share with others... I wore it fishing then later wore it into Wally shopping for a quick few items. I had the hemostats hanging off it, it looked like I had just been fishing I reckon, not a person gave it a second look.

Andrew

ElevenBravo
11-25-2012, 08:45 PM
I should mention too, I have the joggers bag, which is thinner, would account for the slight printing. If you got the full fledged kit bag, I seriously doubt you would have any such print.

Andrew