PDA

View Full Version : Ill do my first fly fishing tomorrow!

ElevenBravo
11-22-2012, 10:18 PM
I bought a $30 Shakespear fly fishing kit at Wally today, practiced some false casting and casting while I let the dutch oven cook. I already have the basic feel for it, but still need some practice.

The kit came with a fly.. dont ask what it is, I got no clue but tomorrow Ill call it "on the river"!

Im so excited.... screw Christmas, I got a fly rod!! HA HA!

http://www.iboats.com/Complete-Fly-Combo-Kit-8-3pc-M-Shakespeare/dm/view_id.816905?cm_mmc=Google_Main-_-Mall+Product+Listings-_-Product+Listing-_-NA&kw={keyword}&gclid=CO6niPeC5LMCFWrZQgodGCMAxw
This is the same one I got. Feels pretty good in the hand, reel is of good quality. I cant believe it was that affordable.

Ill post back with results.

Andrew

Rick
11-22-2012, 11:21 PM
I actually started with a Shakespeare 8' rod many moons ago. I found it to be a decent rod and fairly easy to control a cast. I still have that rod. I use an older Daiwa today. No matter what you use you'll have fun. The first time you have a sunfish hit you'll be hooked. No pun intended. They can put up a pretty good fight.

Sarge47
11-22-2012, 11:58 PM
EB, I'm sending you an invitation to my sub-group of Fly-fishers and fly-tyers called "Fly-Boys." Some are 1st timers like you! There's some great info on there. :thumbup:

DesertDiver
11-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Watch out for the addiction. It sets in after you land the first fish. Pretty soon you'll be sitting in a darkened basement smoking crack to tie 85 dozen woolly buggers faster than a 12 year old in Indonesia. And you'll love every minute of it.