PDA

View Full Version : USC ILBE came today....

ElevenBravo
11-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Wow, this thing is awesome compared to m ALICE pack! Got it used from ammocanman on ebay, the only fault is the side load zipper has a tear and it will not unzip but it does NOT inhibit its function at all, but it does make it a top load only bag.

None the less, for the money I got a great ruck! I cant wait to pack it and take it for a test drive, I hope this weekend Ill be able to test the ILBE and HPG bag at the same time.

Very impressed with overall quality and design!

Full review to follow after fielding.

Andrew

crashdive123
11-09-2012, 07:23 AM
Did the seller let you know before the purchase about the non-functioning side load zipper?

Rick
11-09-2012, 08:10 AM
Find a tailor. He/She can probably repair the tear.

ElevenBravo
11-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Im honestly not concerned with it.

Echo2
11-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Sam's Uniform down in the Roanoke Mkt....the lady that did alterations replaced a YYZ on a tach vest for me a few years back.....couldn't tell it had been done.

methit120
11-22-2012, 11:36 AM
How are ya.I've also looked at those packs and wanted to either maybe eventually get one of them or one of theranget packs.I would like to hear how it handled when you take for a ride.

Nomad
11-24-2012, 02:21 PM
I got mine also from ammocanman. love it. I can live out of this bag. large,durable and very comfortable. will have this one for for years.

ElevenBravo
11-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Nomad, I got mine from the same vendor. Well packaged, expensive to ship but its because he ships it in a BIG box so as to not damage the internal frame, as some others do when they ship... as I found out via Google.

Ive yet to have a proper chance to field it, but I must say, its hella more impressive than an ALICE!! Cant wait to try it out. Weather lately has been pretty cold and Im getting over being sick, I dont want a relapse so Ill wait until Im 100% before I take it to the woods.

Cheers,
Andrew