PDA

View Full Version : Canned Meat - Where to get the best buy and tastiest

Okiefrom918
11-06-2012, 12:00 PM
I have been looking at all the canned meats out there. I feel a little over whelmed with the different options, Yoders, Werlings, Grabills, Best prices Signature Meats to name a few. Has anyone actually tried this stuff? Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.

kyratshooter
11-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Saying "canned meat" is like saying "canned food", can you be a little more specific?

I have been eating canned meats/fish for my whole life and have defininte opinions on what I like and how I like it prepared.

Wildthang
11-06-2012, 02:31 PM
I have been looking at all the canned meats out there. I feel a little over whelmed with the different options, Yoders, Werlings, Grabills, Best prices Signature Meats to name a few. Has anyone actually tried this stuff? Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.

I have some Augason Farms canned meat but since it is good for 20 years, I figure that if times get bad, and I run out of good ole store bought steaks, I'll have to eat it whether it is real good or not. I actually have a case of Spam and you know that is good stuff!

kyratshooter
11-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Again, you guys are using "canned meat" as a universal term. Is it elephant, horse, waterbuffalo or zebra?

I do not care if it is rated at 50 year shelf life I am not eating canned orangutan!

RobinD69
11-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Again, you guys are using "canned meat" as a universal term. Is it elephant, horse, waterbuffalo or zebra?

I do not care if it is rated at 50 year shelf life I am not eating canned orangutan!

Sounds good to me, LOL.

It would be great if we could find out the shelf life and name brand as well as type of meat. Is there anywhere we can find such things?

crashdive123
11-06-2012, 07:49 PM
http://www.grandpappy.info/hshelff.htm

1stimestar
11-06-2012, 08:59 PM

Oh come on, live a little! Lol.

I have canned salmon. Don't know how long that would last. It never lasts more then a year!

Rick
11-07-2012, 07:36 AM
I have used Werings a lot. About the only product they have I don't like is the BBQ but that's just because I don't like their sauce. All the standard meats (pork, chicken, turkey and beef) are just fine. I currently have a mixed case in storage. I like the fact that you can order what you want to make up a case or half case.

techiedude
11-09-2012, 04:03 PM
I use tuna, spam, canned ham most off them last for many years just look at bottom of can.

ElevenBravo
11-10-2012, 03:34 AM
I have used Werings a lot.

Heres the URL...
http://www.werlingandsons.com

I need to place a few orders with them...

jfeatherjohn
11-10-2012, 05:09 AM
Don't forget myfoodstorage.com...I have sampled their meat, and its pretty good.
I've got spam ham, tuna, salmon, anchovies and chicken tucked away, but I just pick those up at the store, one or two cans as I go along.
Remember, how much protein you can eat is going to be based on how much water you can make available.