PDA

View Full Version : HPG Bag...

ElevenBravo
11-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Should be in tomorrow....

http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/tabid/762/ctl/ProductDetails/mid/1916/ProductID/22/Default.aspx

I wanted the lowest profile bag I could get that would accept an XD. Reason being I can remain armed in a hammock without restricted draw, and because I dont want something that obstruct vision while hiking when I looked down toward my feet. I also chose this over others because of the design, it is the best thing going for a chest holster rig. Lastly, I ordered a new backpack with a large padded waist belt, the bag can sit high above it allowing for easy access and comfortable carry regardless of what your pack is.

Ill let you know more after Ive field tested it.

Andrew

Winter
11-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Looks solid as all get out.

Are the straps a pain in the arse? Looks like it will hold very little. I do like he placement and size of it. I'm hoping the size handles more than what I can envision it handling.

ElevenBravo
11-05-2012, 01:14 AM
Check out there website, they have a larger kit bag that carries a lot more. I wanted the smaller one, I wanted less weight AND Ill be sleeping with it on in the field.

I havent received it yet, will follow up on your questions later...

Andrew

hunter63
11-05-2012, 11:34 AM
That's a great idea....I need something to wear on the front of my duck hunting stuff....a "wader bag' kinda thing....get too many clothes on, hard to reach your pockets....
Thanks.

ElevenBravo
11-06-2012, 01:54 AM
Well, the bag came in today, will be waiting on my new ruck before I field it, I want to test it with and without the ruck of course, but I can already tell you... this thing is most excellent!

It is way over built, much more sturdy than any GI issue equipment I was ever issued. The H-Harness setup is ultra comfortable, as is the padded back of the bag. The XD 4" fits in there with room to spare. The front pouch is big enough for a few do-dads. The adjustment is easy to access and can be cinched down tight on the body. It is PERFECT IN EVERY WAY!

Yes, it is a bit expensive, but it is worth every penny! I am so glad I did not get one of less expensive chest bag/holster setups Ive found via my exhaustive Oooogle search, I would surly be disappointed.

The video will be posted as soon as I get the chance.

PS
Did I mention this bag is unbelievable???

Take care all,
Andrew

jfeatherjohn
11-06-2012, 04:05 AM
No, I think you left that out...but I got it...
Intuition?

That looks like a great rig.

hunter63
11-06-2012, 12:57 PM
So that's a Thumbs up?
Cool, glad it worked out for you.

ElevenBravo
11-11-2012, 05:19 AM
I put it to first use yesterday, wore it while fishing. Stays put and feels fine. No problem while casting, etc..

Echo2
11-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Run it by the shop some time...I'd like to take a look at it.