PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning

glocker36
07-05-2007, 06:52 AM
Just thought I would drop in and say hi. I am located in SE Wisconsin and live on about 5 acres of mixed woods and brush which gives me a great opportunity to practice some of my skills.

I have loved the woods my entire adult life, but now with an 8 year old to introduce to the woods, I wanted to develop some skills. My eventual goal would be to be able to go into the woods with only a knife and blanket and be able to use what nature provides to survive for an extentded period and then pass that on to my son.

A couple of weeks ago I attended the Midwest Primitive Skills Institute weekend course and I was blown away by how much we learned, I will post a review later of the class. But I found that it only whetted my appetite for more.

I found this board and hung out for a few days and saw lots of great information, so I thought I would join and find out more.

One of my biggest weaknesses right now I believe is plant ID/use, so I really want to work on that over the next few months.

owl_girl
07-06-2007, 02:33 AM
Welcome to the forum:D

ATough
07-06-2007, 12:05 PM
from one newbie to another welcome to the forum.

Tony uk
07-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Welcome :D

nell67
07-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Sarge47
07-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Just thought I would drop in and say hi. I am located in SE Wisconsin and live on about 5 acres of mixed woods and brush which gives me a great opportunity to practice some of my skills.

I have loved the woods my entire adult life, but now with an 8 year old to introduce to the woods, I wanted to develop some skills. My eventual goal would be to be able to go into the woods with only a knife and blanket and be able to use what nature provides to survive for an extentded period and then pass that on to my son.

A couple of weeks ago I attended the Midwest Primitive Skills Institute weekend course and I was blown away by how much we learned, I will post a review later of the class. But I found that it only whetted my appetite for more.

I found this board and hung out for a few days and saw lots of great information, so I thought I would join and find out more.

One of my biggest weaknesses right now I believe is plant ID/use, so I really want to work on that over the next few months.

When I was 19 I went into Job Corps & was involved in an explorer Post around Sparta & LaCrosse Wis.. We were housed on an old Army base at McCoy Wis....Camp McCoy. Welcome!