PDA

View Full Version : Woo Woo! Upgraded my rod & reel!

ElevenBravo
10-27-2012, 11:58 PM
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Shakespeare-Tiger-7-Spinning-Rod-and-Reel-Combo/2536582

Shakespear Tiger open face rod & reel kit, I CoinStared my jar to get it!

Was on the river today with my noob's closed reel & caught a fish, but the reel was mostly a total pain in the butt! On cast, many times it would just hang and my hook just dropped in the water.

So I get home an hour ago, tie on my practice plug and give it a few tries in the front yard.

Guys & gals, even though this was a dirt cheap setup, its like moving up from a skateboard to a Cadillac!

The cast has no resistance spooling, timing and control ("trigger finger") is way more natural and can cast a much greater distance with much improved accuracy.

Retrieving is sweet as honey... Crank is smooth as snot on a doorknob and spools onto the reel wonderfully!

I wish I had just got this to start with... Looking forward to using it tomorrow!!

Andrew

Echo2
10-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Where ya headed with it?

ElevenBravo
10-28-2012, 12:23 AM
Heck if I know bro... Just going fishing. I was on the Roanoke River today in Salem, along Riverside Road. But that whole section, all the way to the 419 bridge at LGH is delayed harvest.

I will either go back there, but fish above Colorado Street where I can keep what I catch, or Glade Creek in Vinton where I know a dozen picky Trout are hovering around a log.

Im PMing you my home number, give me a call if you want to meet up. Im open for anything, have my resident & trout stamp. Willing to go with you if you know a hole.

Cheers,
Andrew

Echo2
10-28-2012, 12:34 AM
Did you have waders on...there was a guy right down from the bridge wettin a line.

My shop is right above there....if you end up over in Salem....let me know...I'll drop down if I'm at the shop.

Batch
10-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Congrats on the new rig and tight lines to you Andrew!