PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Ramen meal

Stiffy
09-28-2012, 07:42 PM
I've made Ramen noodles with beef jerkey and with cut up pieces of sausage. I was wondering if there are a few Ramen noodle fans out there who have their own favorite mixes.

roar-k
09-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Without adding the flavoring I like to put velveta and bacon bits in the Ramen. Sort of like bacon mac noodles.

Rick
09-28-2012, 08:18 PM
I only use about half the flavoring. It's just too salty for me. I like to add tuna to it. I've dumped canned veggies in with, too.

nell67
09-28-2012, 08:22 PM
I like the beef teryaki ones in the big bowl,yashida is the brand name I think,but for the cheaper ones I cook the noodles as recommended,melt a little butter and milk in a pan and add the seasoning packet,like making mac and cheese from a boxed mix,the ramen are actually quite good this way,add tuna or flaked chicken and its a quick meal.

Knight of Disorder
09-28-2012, 11:44 PM
The seasoning packet, basil, pepper, some creoul (sp?) seasoning, and two slices of processed american white cheese. Toast three slices of breath and put them in the bottom of the bowl and pour it over. It's actually better if you use buns cut into small pieces, because they have their own flavor but it's still good.

jfeatherjohn
09-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Tuna in Ramen noodles?
I love tuna...
But the world as I know it has just come to an end...

1stimestar
09-29-2012, 01:45 AM
Out on the trail, tuna or chicken, a handful of dried peas.

rebel
09-29-2012, 06:19 AM
Mixed veggies and sliced boiled egg. Gotta try the ramen-mac and the tuna/chicken.

Echo2
09-29-2012, 08:02 AM
1 pk noodles....1 can cream of chicken soup.....1 can chicken.

Old Professor
09-29-2012, 09:57 AM
Well I have added baby shrimp or left over pork to the oriental noodles. I frequently add chicken to the various chicken flavored noodles. The Mack and cheese variation sounds delicious. I will have to try that. I was only introduced to Ramen Noodles a couple of months ago and now I am addicted! I don't know why I had never tried Ramen Noodles before. Probably because i prefer to make my own soups from scratch. A great quick meal for a batchlor/senior citizen.

roar-k
09-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Well I have added baby shrimp or left over pork to the oriental noodles. I frequently add chicken to the various chicken flavored noodles. The Mack and cheese variation sounds delicious. I will have to try that. I was only introduced to Ramen Noodles a couple of months ago and now I am addicted! I don't know why I had never tried Ramen Noodles before. Probably because i prefer to make my own soups from scratch. A great quick meal for a batchlor/senior citizen.

Add some chili and then cheese and come back and tell us how you like it.

Kamel
09-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Bean and cheese ramen, pepperoni pizza ramen, pepperonis and mozzarella cheese. frito chili pie ramen.

Stiffy
09-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Okay, I think these ideas will keep me going for a while. Thanks.

grokh5499
09-30-2012, 12:05 PM
I have thrown in eggs for egg drop soup in a hurry, or hotdogs or other left over meats, with frozen vegetables. My daughter likes to drain the water off and add a tablespoon or so of grated parmesian cheese to the chicken flavor. There is a great website with lots of Raman noodle recipes http://www.mattfischer.com/ramen/.

Stiffy
09-30-2012, 12:45 PM
I have thrown in eggs for egg drop soup in a hurry, or hotdogs or other left over meats, with frozen vegetables. My daughter likes to drain the water off and add a tablespoon or so of grated parmesian cheese to the chicken flavor. There is a great website with lots of Raman noodle recipes http://www.mattfischer.com/ramen/.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

ctdcb18b
09-30-2012, 02:23 PM
lol 3 chili ramins a little bit of provolone cheese and milk sauce sand some veanna sausage choped up and fried in grape jelly and a little mustard mix it all up yummmm

1stimestar
09-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Mixed veggies and sliced boiled egg. Gotta try the ramen-mac and the tuna/chicken.

You can buy the meat in vacuum packed envelopes that are real handy and weigh a lot less then the cans.

Sparky93
09-30-2012, 05:57 PM
I make I dish with ramen that I invented, I call it cat gut stew. What you do is make the ramen as the directions say then you strain off the broth and use it to make instant rice and instant mash potatoes. Then you mix the ramen, rice, and mash potatoes together, add extra salt and some pepper and serve. If you stick it with your fork it will come off the plate in one large clump and you can eat it like a really awkward corn dog lol

Buckman95
09-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Ramen,seasoning pack,Tablespoon of crunchy peanut,A dash of garlic powder and red pepper flake.And a splash of milk(optional)

RobinD69
11-06-2012, 04:41 PM
I like canned chicken breast with A1 steak sauce or Barbique sauce. Beef tips with mustard or previous sauces. Yeah A1, Barbique, or mustard good for all occassions.

WolfVanZandt
11-07-2012, 02:30 AM
A friend tuned my on to a Ramen preparation that I am now addicted to.

Cook the noodle as per package (I throw in a handful of frozen vegetables and/or cooked meat). In the meantime, mix the powder with a large dollop or peanut butter and your choice of other seasonings (sweet and sour sauce, hoisin, Tiger sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, etc.). Add a little hot water and stir together until smooth. When the noodles are done, drain them and pour on the sauce. stir together and microwave for about 3 minutes. The sauce thickens nicely.