PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm?

Sarge47
09-22-2012, 08:44 PM
What do the police know that we don't:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/17/zombie-apocalypse-training-halo-corp_n_1889724.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular:noway:

kyratshooter
09-22-2012, 09:34 PM
What are you doing reading the Hufington-puffington Sarge.

Recon work?

2dumb2kwit
09-22-2012, 09:51 PM
What do the police know that we don't:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/17/zombie-apocalypse-training-halo-corp_n_1889724.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular:noway:

Ummm.....They know better than to read the Huff-po? LOL

2dumb2kwit
09-22-2012, 09:54 PM
What are you doing reading the Hufington-puffington Sarge.

Recon work?

Maybe he just got a free copy....with his new pink man-purse.:noway:

natertot
09-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Yeah.........:gunsmilie:

Sarge47
09-22-2012, 10:22 PM
I stole this off of my kid brother's Facebook page! He's got this thing for Zombies...well...several things actually, and they're all "high powered!" :w00t:

tjwilhelm
09-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Heck ya. Don't all good forum members here know that reading the Houghington Post is just as closed-minded, shallow, and biased as listening to Rush Limbaugh? What in the world is this forum coming to when a long-term and respected member starts trying to look at all sides of an issue. It's pretty sad when someone like Sarge is looking for truth by exploring multiple news sources with multiple perspectives. The next thing ya know, some folks here might start listening to Sean Hannity, the BBC, and NPR back-to-back! Oh, the shame and the horror of it...

crashdive123
09-23-2012, 07:00 AM
Now, now - lets all stay away from politics.

Oh - I almost had to move this thread when I read "when a long-term and respected member"........Made me think it belonged in the Joke of the Day thread.:whistling:

2dumb2kwit
09-23-2012, 11:27 AM
Ummm.....They know better than to read the Huff-po? LOL

Maybe he just got a free copy....with his new pink man-purse.:noway:

Heck ya. Don't all good forum members here know that reading the Houghington Post is just as closed-minded, shallow, and biased as listening to Rush Limbaugh? What in the world is this forum coming to when a long-term and respected member starts trying to look at all sides of an issue. It's pretty sad when someone like Sarge is looking for truth by exploring multiple news sources with multiple perspectives. The next thing ya know, some folks here might start listening to Sean Hannity, the BBC, and NPR back-to-back! Oh, the shame and the horror of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTwnwbG9YLE

canid
09-23-2012, 05:27 PM
There's no doubt that the HP demonstrates a trend of liberal bias, but I have to ask:
1) How can one possibly compare it's extent to the likes of Limbah? That's a bit like comparing a dime to a thousand dollar bill. Sure, they're both currency, but one goes just a wee bit further than the other.

2) and far more to the point; In what way does that bias bear on an amusing story about the fun-spirited use of a zombie outbreak to jazz up the rather more dull and frightening prospect of epidemic disease response training?

Desert Rat!
09-23-2012, 06:58 PM
I don't need no training I've seen all the Resident Evil movie's multiple times!

canid
09-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Oh snap. I just realized I haven't seen the new one! I'd better get preparing.

Rick
09-23-2012, 07:46 PM
I've seen all the Resident Evil movie's multiple times

Yeah, but you just look at Milla the whole time and don't even know what the rest of the movie is about.

natertot
09-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Yeah, but you just look at Milla the whole time and don't even know what the rest of the movie is about. [/COLOR]

can you blame the guy?!

Warheit
09-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Cool link. Where did the societal fascination with zombies come with in the first place? Seems like that sort of thing has really taken off these past couple of years. I've even seen guns and ammunition tailored to such themes as well. Sheesh.

letslearntogether47
09-24-2012, 09:41 AM
That zombie has nice eyes....

jfeatherjohn
09-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Zombies?
Resident Evil?
Epidemic?
Huffington Post?
Shucky darn...

hunter63
09-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Well before the avalanche of OMG's there was.......(used to watch the show "Extreme Home Make-over" and count the OMG's)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/hunter63/goodgrief_zpsf1beed28.jpg

Rick
09-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Where did the societal fascination with zombies come from in the first place?

First, there was talk of economic collapse. That didn't happen so it went to EMP. That didn't happen either so next it was roving hordes. You guessed it, didn't happen so now it's zombies. Hey, we've got to have something to wring our hands over.

kyratshooter
09-24-2012, 12:47 PM
Zombes have no time/date stamp so the fact that they do not eat Rick today is not an indication that they will not have him for supper tomorrow.

Or perhaps he was already bitten and is just trying to lure us in with feined indifference/unbelief.

If he does not believe in Zombies I'll bet he does not believe in Santa or the Easter Bunny either! that proves he is trying to fool us into lack of preperation because......

just because you don't believe in Santa or the Easter Bunny does not mean the Christmas and Easter are not going to happen!