PDA

View Full Version : Ending threads?

jfeatherjohn
09-13-2012, 10:39 PM
It appears that I have ended a few threads...
Now, I am aware of my ability to end marriages...but threads? Now this is really alarming!
Nuff said...perhaps that is all that needs to be said...

pete lynch
09-14-2012, 04:52 AM
And I thought I was a thread killer. Hmmm.
Please reply if you want the job.

ClayPick
09-14-2012, 06:47 AM
What's the pay?

natertot
09-14-2012, 07:34 AM
I was waiting to see of the thread would be locked before anyone replied. That would have benn hilarious:lol:!

kyratshooter
09-14-2012, 07:50 AM
This may wind up being our version of the "Please Delete" thread over on survival boards. 300 pages and 6,000 posts on a beginning post that was deleted.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=80185&page=302

Never fear, about when you think a thread here has died a natural death a noob will dig it up and add too it or ask about it.

At least it shows folks are digging through the archives.

Wildthang
09-14-2012, 07:57 AM
Well I think Kyrat is the official thread ender. A thread will be going along, and of course with a bunch of stupid stuff being interjected as it goes, then BAM! Kyrat rips off a 4 paragraph reply that makes all ashamed of even posting in it, and we all go off to other threads:scared:

BENESSE
09-14-2012, 08:37 AM
It's more like what happened in our house when I was growing up.
I invented the game I played with my younger sister the object of it being who can smack the other one harder. When she started crying, mom ran over...somehow she knew how to play this game too.
Game over, now we're both crying. Mom won.

Wildthang
09-14-2012, 09:11 AM
It's more like what happened in our house when I was growing up.
I invented the game I played with my younger sister the object of it being who can smack the other one harder. When she started crying, mom ran over...somehow she knew how to play this game too.
Game over, now we're both crying. Mom won.

Nessie I grew up with 6 sisters, and was the youngest of the family. My dad would have killed me if I ever hit one of them, no matter what they did to deserve it. So I just got slapped and couldn't slap back, but I found other ways to get even:smartass:

wtrfwlr
09-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Ending some threads ain't nothin. I was a member over at ST and killed the whole Dang Forum last May! Try that one!

kyratshooter
09-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Nessie I grew up with 6 sisters, and was the youngest of the family. :smartass:

You should have included that info in your pofile WT.

It explains a lot!

Including all the passive/agressive posts carried from one thread to another.

We can work on that now that you have explained it.

I see a breakthrough coming in one of our future sessions.

Wildthang
09-14-2012, 09:41 AM
You should have included that info in your pofile WT.

It explains a lot!

Including all the passive/agressive posts carried from one thread to another.

We can work on that now that you have explained it.

I see a breakthrough coming in one of our future sessions.

Passive agressive, that is a conflicting statement! Beleive me, I'm mostly agressive just so you know. I grew up in a rough neighborhood on the wrong side of the tracks, so as soon as mom let me out of the yard, there were plenty of people to slap and fight with!

kyratshooter
09-14-2012, 10:17 AM
No Wildthing, passive/agressive means that you repress feelings and transfer paybck to another time and/or place which may be totally disconnected to the event that triggered the action.

The victim often does not realize that the instance was payback and in some cases the passive/agressive individual goes to great lengths to remain anonomous, due to fear of retaliation, savoring the suffering of his victim in private.

You smile when you are angry (passive) then shut off the hot water while they are in the shower (agressive)!

It creates a self defeating behavior loop that usually ends tragiclly. That or everyone grows up and moves away from home and does the same thing to their spouse until divorce papers are filed.

hunter63
09-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Some people can't rest till they have the last word..........Thread end-er by design.
Last word.

Sarge47
09-14-2012, 11:57 AM
I was goint to tell the op that he was mistaken...but I thought that the thread was ended...my bad! :blush:

kyratshooter
09-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Only time I ever saw one really end was when the mods locked one down.

That usually happens just before I get in a last good jab.

They have the uncanny ability to sense when one is comming and stop me just short of doing something that is going to get me banned!

I am thankful for that to some extent. Despised, resented and rediculed is one thing, but being banned and shivering alone in the darkness with no human company and listening to the howels of the wolves growing closer each minute is beyond acceptable thought.

Now, is it a good thing to have the last post before a lockdown or a bad thing? Does one wear the shame throughout life or blame it on the guy you disagreed with three posts back up the line.

jfeatherjohn
09-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Now I'm afraid to post...will someone please post after me?

kyratshooter
09-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Now I'm afraid to post...will someone please post after me?

Don't worry about it!

We'll roll the windows down and blame it on Sarge.

Wildthang
09-14-2012, 01:26 PM
No Wildthing, passive/agressive means that you repress feelings and transfer paybck to another time and/or place which may be totally disconnected to the event that triggered the action.

The victim often does not realize that the instance was payback and in some cases the passive/agressive individual goes to great lengths to remain anonomous, due to fear of retaliation, savoring the suffering of his victim in private.

You smile when you are angry (passive) then shut off the hot water while they are in the shower (agressive)!

It creates a self defeating behavior loop that usually ends tragiclly. That or everyone grows up and moves away from home and does the same thing to their spouse until divorce papers are filed.

Well I have never had that problem, and by the way, I hate you:smartass:

kyratshooter
09-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Well I have never had that problem, and by the way, I hate you:smartass:

I hate you too!

Want to stop and pick up Nattertot and come down for lunch sometime? There's a nice little resterant down the road in Walton and I'm buying.

Wildthang
09-14-2012, 01:47 PM
I hate you too!

Want to stop and pick up Nattertot and come down for lunch sometime? There's a nice little resterant down the road in Walton and I'm buying.

Yes, and now I dont hate you anymore:thumbup1:

Crabapple Plum
09-14-2012, 05:01 PM
I have a kid with red hair and everything that goes with it. She is strong willed and contrary. In her thinking, Threadkiller wins!

We can "discuss" things and kinda have it worked out. If I say, "Okay," it starts up again. For awhile, I'd grin and say, "Last Word!" Man, she'd spin out! Over and over again!

Yup, Threadkiller wins!

Sarge47
09-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Don't worry about it!

We'll roll the windows down and blame it on Sarge.

Yeah, yeah! I always get the dirty end of the stick! :drool:

Rick
09-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Well, oooh. That's the end that was in the cat hole. Stay away from me.

natertot
09-14-2012, 10:18 PM
I hate you too!

WT, I'll be waiting! Small restaurants in small towns.......That means GOOD FOOD!