PDA

View Full Version : Victory Loves Preparation!

Render
09-13-2012, 09:31 AM
A comical saying at best, but one that describes why we are all here if I do say so myself. For all intents and purposes I can be called Render, as my Forum name suggests. For the last three years or so I have become increasingly aware of the need to be "prepared" as it were, and have been working to that end. I am twenty-three years of age, but don't let my age fool you. I have been active in the field of survival, for about ten years now, since a dear uncle first introduced me to the subject at the tender age of twelve. I enjoy anything and everything from day-camping to long term wilderness survival. I have focused more on bush-craft than relying on more modern means.

Although don't get me wrong, I have taken some of the more "traditional" classroom setting courses, but prefer the RLD Method as I like to call it, or Read, Learn, Do. Motivation is something that you need, and I feel instilling yourself with that motivation from the start is critical in continuing it later on.

I live in Southern Ohio, but travel quite a bit, for camping, fishing, hunting, and backpacking. I would like to say my skill level on a broad range of topics is intermediate to advanced (I like to believe knowledge is power, Learn More, Do More).

Anyway I have been haunting your forums here for a couple days and finally decided to join.

Any questions please feel free to ask. I know I've been a little vague, but I hate speaking of myself.

Cheers
Render

hunter63
09-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Hunter63, saying Hey, and Welcome.

Render
09-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Thank you Hunter63

kyratshooter
09-13-2012, 12:03 PM
What side of southern OH are you on?

I am down in NKY south of Cinnci myself and we have Nattertot and Wildthing in the SW/OH area. We are developing quite a group in this immidiate area.

crashdive123
09-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Hello and welcome.

Render
09-13-2012, 02:16 PM
To kyratshooter

Do you know where brown county is. I live right on the edge of it 15 mins or so from clermont.

To everyone else thank you for the warm welcom

Rick
09-13-2012, 06:45 PM
Welcome home.

Wildthang
09-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Welcome Render, good to have a fellow Ohio guy on board. By the way, I am in northern Ohio but use to live down around the Beverly / Marrietta area for a while.

Rick
09-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah, preparation is a good thing. I have a number of bags and label all of mine A, B, C, etc. Preparation A is my main BOB. (Ya'll know where I'm going with this don't you?). More to come.......

crashdive123
09-14-2012, 09:15 PM
I sure do hope Rick is all done by G.

Sourdough
09-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Welcome..............

natertot
09-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Welcome Render!
As Kyrat said, I am sw Ohio, Warren county. Nice to see another local!

(Maybe we should have a tri state of IN OH KY meet up?

shaner
09-24-2012, 06:47 AM
hello there