PDA

View Full Version : Survival Scenario Questions

Beo
03-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Survival Scenario Questions
1) Your bush plane goes down 300 miles northeast of Fort Smith in Alberta Canada (which is the Northwest Territory) its late May, the pilot is injured and can't walk and won't leave, the only survival gear you have is a small boot knife, large plastic bag, gas from the plane you put in a plastic continer, a can of maoutain dew, a few quaker oat bars, 10 feet of hemp rope. The pilot has a small first aid kit containing bandages, guaze, a small flashlight, iodine. A flare gun, and a pack that you don't know what's inside. The Pilot won't give up any of the gear what do you do?

2) A nuclear bomb has been dropped...a radiation-free shelter is available, but can only take 6 people; choose who will survive from the group of people that live around you?

3) OK, the country is in an On-Your-Own stage, you've gone to all this trouble to stock up on survival goods to keep you and yours safe and sound through whatever disaster or emergency strikes. All this preparation stands you in good stead when the balloon goes up. You have food, water and shelter while most of the sheeple are lost without the shepherd. Then your neighbor is killed by a bunch of marauders who steal everything he has, rape his wife and children and torch his house. The last you see of them, as you peer out the basement window, they are laughing as they drag his 14-year old daughter away, naked, into the night. You have a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach. You know they'll be back, and your house will be their target. No one has seen the police for weeks and the national guard is busy fighting in the city against lawlessness, nowhere near your house.
What are your next 3 moves.
(I know We, you live off the grid away from everyone not fair)

Sourdough
03-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Ref. #3) I would be administering flow through ventilation. starting with the last one to leave the neighbors house. None would come back tomorrow, They would spend the night.

That is if I had a neighbor, which I do not.

Beo
03-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Is that your way of saying you'd shoot them? If so good point. If not explain.

Canadian-guerilla
03-06-2008, 03:51 PM
#3 what are your next 3 moves

the best defense is a good offense
go after them
they're not expecting it

if there is anyone else in your group that knows how to shoot a firearm
if the other person is a firearm rookie
give them simple instructions
just try to wound/kill one of the bad guys, and then duck and hide

and then it's up to me to take out the rest of them
depending on where the bad guys are holed up
maybe have someone else from your group
throw something threw a window from another side
and hopefully make them think they're surrounded

there's probably a good chance that the kidnapped girl wont make it
and if you know for sure that the neighbour's daughter is dead
then set fire to the house and shoot them as they come out

" You know they'll be back, and your house will be their target "

the best defense is a good offense
go after them

BraggSurvivor
03-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Holy crap......heavy.

Sourdough
03-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Is that your way of saying you'd shoot them? If so good point. If not explain.

I don't double tap. It is one per mellon, starting with the one closest to cover.

6.8 SPC "When you care enough, To send the very BEST"

Canadian-guerilla
03-06-2008, 04:03 PM
2) A nuclear bomb has been dropped...a radiation-free shelter is available, but can only take 6 people; choose who will survive from the group of people that live around you?

a lot of unknowns here, Beowulf65
am i alone or am i responsible for others ( family )
first it would depend on the ownership of the shelter
and then, does that shelter have food/water for 6 people over 5-7 days

depends on how far away ground zero is - 10-20-35 miles ?
if i'm alone, i would find a motorcycle and make a run for it
if i can get past the initial traffic chaos
hit the highway and go

trax
03-06-2008, 04:07 PM
#1. Stay with the plane, sar will find you before you find your way anywhere meaningful. Build a big smoky fire around the perimeter, quite a ways out, it'll make you more visible and reduce the number of mosquito attacks, because if it's late May the mosquitos are about to start driving you insane.

#2. Besides MDN (my darlin' Nell) no one here's business, the other people wouldn't be anyone known to forum members.

#3. What hopeak said, absolutely, no hesitation. I'm talking to the gun guy across the road about a 7mm, I think that would be ideal for that particular piece of work as well as the rifle hopeak mentioned. The only question is, given that it's getting dark and they're possibly a ways down the road, how many can I pick off before they scatter. Crows gotta eat too.

Beo
03-06-2008, 04:14 PM
a lot of unknowns here, Beowulf65
am i alone or am i responsible for others ( family )
first it would depend on the ownership of the shelter
and then, does that shelter have food/water for 6 people over 5-7 days
depends on how far away ground zero is - 10-20-35 miles ?
if i'm alone, i would find a motorcycle and make a run for it
if i can get past the initial traffic chaos
hit the highway and go

Reading too much into the question. The fallouts coming now, from the people around right now at home what six are you going in with?

Canadian-guerilla
03-06-2008, 04:27 PM

i have
small boot knife,
large plastic bag,
gas from the plane you put in a plastic continer,
can of mountain dew,
a few quaker oat bars,
10 feet of hemp rope.

the pilot has - won't give up any of the gear
small first aid kit containing bandages, guaze
small flashlight, iodine.
flare gun,
pack that you don't know what's inside

this is a survival situation
if this pilot wants to be a prick, fine
the only unknown here is " what's inside the pack "
hopefully, he doesn't have a gun in there
i would decide to stay with the plane for 2-3 days
hopefully, we can both decide when to try and shoot the flare off

save the pop/bars for the next day,
the pop is a diuretic, so it's not really a help, but the can is

just try to make yourself comfortable for the first night
try to be civil with the pilot
and maybe look around the plane
for stuff you can use when you leave after 2-3 days

Assassin Pilot
03-06-2008, 04:34 PM
1) knife him, and steal the stuff. then I would eat his body while he is still alive and wait for the SAR to come in. No one messes with me and gets away w/ it

2) I would take a car, and drive as far as possible from the blast (I wouldn't drive on the road though)

3) stock my car w/ as much supplies as possible, and flee to the countryside. or have my other neighbors and me form a neighborhood-police to be ready whenever they attack

Sourdough
03-06-2008, 04:36 PM
NEVER---NEVER---NEVER LEAVE THE AIRCRAFT, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER........ANY QUESTION........DID I SAY...."NEVER"

The only exception is if you are larger than the AIRCRAFT.....Did I say, NEVER

Canadian-guerilla
03-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Reading too much into the question.
The fallouts coming now, from the people around right now at home what six are you going in with?

right here, right now, . . . fine

my perfect choice would be a nuclear family - father/mother 2-3 kids

other than that
one other male
one female
2-3 children

no punks/punkettes
no elderly persons

marberry
03-06-2008, 05:13 PM
#3 id roll a nerve gas grenade under there vehicle , throw an rdx or nitroglycerin grenade at them , or set hidden bear traps in the front yard. i would have thrown a chemical fire bomb at them as they attacked my neighbors though. maby thrown some corrossive acid on them or used a syphilis dart. id have hollowed out my bullets and put ricin in them (yes i have a castor bean plant) so i could just kill em with a .22 or airgun... soo many thing soo few badguys lol

nell67
03-06-2008, 05:33 PM
#3 id roll a nerve gas grenade under there vehicle , throw an rdx or nitroglycerin grenade at them , or set hidden bear traps in the front yard. i would have thrown a chemical fire bomb at them as they attacked my neighbors though. maby thrown some corrossive acid on them or used a syphilis dart. id have hollowed out my bullets and put ricin in them (yes i have a castor bean plant) so i could just kill em with a .22 or airgun... soo many thing soo few badguys lol

marcraft,who cares if you have a castr bean plant?? Lots of people grow them since they are excellent mole deterrents in your yard,thing is,most people are not diabolical enough or stupid enough to make ricin with it.

Aurelius95
03-06-2008, 05:39 PM
my perfect choice would be a nuclear family

You'd all be nuclear pretty soon!

:D

trax
03-06-2008, 05:48 PM
You'd all be nuclear pretty soon!

Aurelius, that was just radiant with wit.:D

marcraft and a/p, somehow I'd pictured you two as some of the guys I'd be picking off in scenario #3, by your responses...you haven't changed my mind.

c-g, the pilot isn't being a prick, he knows the right thing to do is stay with the plane, in the area that Beowulf described, if you start walking you're increasing your chances of being dead very soon many times over. The plane has a signal device for SAR to pick up. Even without it, the plane is much easier to spot from the air than you are. The plane is...shelter!

canid
03-06-2008, 06:00 PM
except those suspected terrorists a couple of years back who where found dead in their appartment when a small draft lifted a bit into the air while they where air-drying it.

should have got a darwin award.

nell67
03-06-2008, 06:01 PM
except those suspected terrorists a couple of years back who where found dead in their appartment when a small draft lifted a bit into the air while they where air-drying it.

should have got a darwin award.

Just happened in Las Vegas this week as well!

canid
03-06-2008, 06:03 PM
nice. it seems that people who want to make ricin need two things: greater care for lab proceedure, and less free time on their hands.

beerrunner13
03-06-2008, 06:05 PM

Please pop a few of your grenades and breath deeply it could not do you any harm and may help in your case I see you as being one of the first people to appear in my cross hairs. You need serious help the combination of stupidity and BS is annoying. I ask you again unplug your keyboard till you get back from Spuds with a full report.

trax
03-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Let me get this right babalooey, what canid and nell are talking about, apparently I missed this in the media.

Terrorist wannabes are killing themselves attempting to make ricin? Great. Let's encourage more of that sort of thing. I always found people in jail who go on hunger strikes interesting too, why do the jailers force feed them exactly? The guys that blow themselves up cooking meth? HooWah!! This is the sort of criminal we really want to foster and encourage in our world, saves our justice system so much trouble.

marsbar?, you go right ahead and play with your little plants there my boy, pay no attention to these postings what-so-ever!

nell67
03-06-2008, 06:17 PM
as far as ricin,all it takes is an amount equal to the size of the tip of a pin/needle to kill an adult,sooooo.......

Canadian-guerilla
03-06-2008, 06:45 PM
c-g, the pilot isn't being a prick, he knows the right thing to do is stay with the plane, in the area that Beowulf described, if you start walking you're increasing your chances of being dead very soon many times over. The plane has a signal device for SAR to pick up. Even without it, the plane is much easier to spot from the air than you are. The plane is...shelter!

i'm saying the pilot is being a prick because he won't share in a survival situation

and yes, perhaps you're right about staying with the plane
but depending on the crash situation and location
i'd still have the urge to try to " walk out "

Sourdough
03-06-2008, 06:58 PM
What part of NEVER EVER leave the aircraft did not get translated into CANADIAN......???

I Was a Commercial Bush Pilot for many years in Alaska.......I have a MASTERS DEGREE in crashing small aircraft. READ MY LIPS......"STAY WITH THE AIRCRAFT" it is bigger and easier to spot. And the ELT (Emergency Locate Transmitter) is attached to the aircraft.

canid
03-06-2008, 07:00 PM
i suppose it comes down to whether you want to be found ;)

Sourdough
03-06-2008, 07:09 PM
People have no Idea what thousands, and thousands of Square miles of wilderness looks like from the air. Ferry a few single engine aircraft from Butte, Montana to Birchwood, Alaska and you learn the value of filing a flight plan for every leg.

Canadian-guerilla
03-06-2008, 07:15 PM
What part of NEVER EVER leave the aircraft did not get translated into CANADIAN......???

you have to add, " eh " at the end :)

nell67
03-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Well,he got you there hopeak!!!!!!!!LMAO!

Sourdough
03-06-2008, 07:22 PM
you have to add, " eh " at the end :)

Us pilot say, "OVER" at the end. eh'

Sourdough
03-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Nell, 44* F above and Sunny today......."eh":p

nell67
03-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Hopeak,currently @ 44* F as well,but cloudy as heck,supposed to get up to 9" of snow here over the next 24 hours:mad:

canid
03-06-2008, 07:32 PM
People have no Idea what thousands, and thousands of Square miles of wilderness looks like from the air...

yes i do. i also know what a grounded aircraft in even light-moderate cover looks like from the air. i have no idea what a person on their own looks like from the air though, as i've never been able to spot one ;)

nell67
03-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Hopeak,currently @ 44* F as well,but cloudy as heck,supposed to get up to 9" of snow here over the next 24 hours:mad:

Now they are uping the totals to around a foot of snow.:eek::eek:

crashdive123
03-07-2008, 12:12 AM
#1 Stay with the plane and pilot. We've got shelter. Gotta get fire and water.

#2 Wife and.......

#3 Would hope it didn't get as far as in your scenario. I'd take them out prior to all the damage they inflict.

#4 (yes there is a #4) Marcraft - stop it!

Tony uk
03-08-2008, 11:10 AM
For fall of them............. Go to Chuck Noris's house and wait it out

Rick
03-08-2008, 11:18 AM
1. If the pilot has filed a flight plan or someone responsible knows where we are heading and our arrival time then stick with the plane. No plan and no one knows then you have to go for help. It ain't coming. You either leave the pilot or take him with you depending on how serious the injuries are.

2. Draw straws. There is a high power that can make that call.

3. There will most likely be four adult males at my home if something bad happens. Me, my two sons and my son-in-law. We should be able to either protect or put a pretty good dent in the protection game. Even for our neighbors. Even if I were alone I'd have to act.

go2ndAmend
03-13-2008, 12:23 AM
1. Stay with the plane
2. My Family
3. a.) Aim
b.) Squeeze
c.) Repeat as necessary