PDA

View Full Version : What if "TSHTF" was not the FAN but, FUND (PENSION FUND)

Sourdough
03-06-2008, 12:40 PM
What if the Sh*t hit the FUND...??? As in Pension Fund. Think there would be some angry rioting in the streets, if Pension Funds lost 82% of there funds?

And what does your Fund invest in...???? Sub-Prime Loans....? CDO's...???ENRON Stock.....??? Maybe it is solid, Maybe it is not????

When was the last time you looked at what is backing your Pension Fund?

What if you are retired and your pension was reduced a "CHUNK" per month?

BraggSurvivor
03-06-2008, 12:46 PM
As stated in other posts, I dont invest in the market. All I can say is get your money out of the banks NOW. Even with taxes and penalties.....get it out NOW. Something is better than nothing.

bulrush
03-06-2008, 01:22 PM
My parents were GM employees, and they took huge cuts in their pensions. Other GM employees completely lost their pension. Current employees I don't think get a pension at all. Luckily my parents had an IRA also.

These days, there are very few employers who will offer a pension, but that's no guarentee you will get one in 40 years. It's all up to the individual now to save for retirement.

And for now, my parents IRAs are all in money markets, no stocks or mutual funds.

Sourdough
03-06-2008, 01:41 PM
My parents were GM employees, and they took huge cuts in their pensions. Other GM employees completely lost their pension. Current employees I don't think get a pension at all. Luckily my parents had an IRA also.

These days, there are very few employers who will offer a pension, but that's no guarentee you will get one in 40 years. It's all up to the individual now to save for retirement.

And for now, my parents IRAs are all in money markets, no stocks or mutual funds.

And what do the money market funds invest in.....????? This is the problem.

My buddy has money market funds in massive national bank, I said check there rating. He said are you crazy???? Everyone knows XXXXX is one of the largest banks in America. I said what are you afraid of, check the rating.

Guess what it is D+ that is the rating D+. He had a COW.

What do you think money market funds do with the money???? Really...??? did they invest in CDO's , SUV's, CDS's. We are so trusting.